record to CF card with tape on standby at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-Z7 / HVR-S270

Sony HVR-Z7 / HVR-S270
Handheld and shoulder mount versions of this Sony 3-CMOS HDV camcorder.

Old June 15th, 2008, 02:09 PM   #1
Major Player

record to CF card with tape on standby

I just did a gig yesterday with my Transcend 32GB CF card and a DV tape standing by in case I ran out of memory. I shot about an hour and a half of footage and never used the tape. It felt good to have it there though. The footage was all error free.

I shot everything in full auto. Ever since I turned off the macro focus, autofocus has been much better. I have no idea why that is turned on by default. It was an off-road Hummer event: lots of 4 wheel drive vehicles getting stuck in the mud. The footage looks great.
Laurence Kingston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 15th, 2008, 02:22 PM   #2
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laurence Kingston View Post
I shot everything in full auto.
You HERETIC! Get OUT! :) Just kidding... are you going to post some clips on Vimeo?
Old June 15th, 2008, 07:49 PM   #3
New Boot

Yeah, I'd be keen to see some of that footage as well... purely from a technical point of view... ;-)
Old June 17th, 2008, 11:29 PM   #4
Regular Crew

Laurence what type of CF card are you using

when Sony had my camera for repair they tested it with my Transcend 133x card and got the same digtal gliches that I get. They said only to use a 300x card and was just wondering what type you are using. My friend in Ft Lauderdale has 2 Z7's and has the same trouble with the 133x cards. So I only use them for back-up to tape.

Here's is a short 3 minute video of a photo seminar on the streets of Orlando, shot with the Z7 on Vimeo http://www.vimeo.com/1175629

and a wedding shot with the Z7 and Sony FX1 cameras at Disney http://www.vimeo.com/1170164
Bruce Reynolds is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-Z7 / HVR-S270