Highlights from a wedding using the 7Z at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-Z7 / HVR-S270
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony HVR-Z7 / HVR-S270
Handheld and shoulder mount versions of this Sony 3-CMOS HDV camcorder.

Old June 24th, 2008, 08:23 AM   #1
Regular Crew

Highlights from a wedding using the 7Z

You will find that there is rolling shutter problems in this video but I don't think they are that bad. Overall I loved how the camera performed, it is a huge jump from the 170 which was my favorite camera up to this point.

http://www.vimeo.com/user556277/videos
Jason LeFrense is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 24th, 2008, 08:26 AM   #2
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason LeFrense View Post
You will find that there is rolling shutter problems in this video but I don't think they are that bad. Overall I loved how the camera performed, it is a huge jump from the 170 which was my favorite camera up to this point.

http://www.vimeo.com/user556277/videos
Thanks for Sharing Jason. Did you use mostly manual controls?

Bruce
Bruce G. Cleveland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 24th, 2008, 08:30 AM   #3
Major Player

Jason,

I had some issues with the camera at first, but it does require a little more "manual" handling that my FX-1's did. Once I got the hang of it, I really started to like the camera. My only problem with it is that it loses focus sometimes. It tends to lose focus when I'm zoomed it to get a bride walking down the aisle or if the lighting isn't so great. Both things we can work around though.
Did you buy a wide angle lens for it yet?

-Chad
Chad Dyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 24th, 2008, 09:16 AM   #4
Regular Crew

Hey I did use mostly manual controls for the shoot. Which is hard when you are on a steady cam but it was my first time so I'm sure I will get use to it. About the focus for the most part I'm on manual but I do find it searches a lot for its focus when in auto. But for the most part I would use it in manual but having a good auto focus really does help with certain shots, specially for weddings.
Old June 24th, 2008, 03:54 PM   #5
Major Player

Nice stuff! Just a few questions, Jason: which steadycam did you use? Was the slowmotion done in the camera or in post?
Luc De Wandel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 24th, 2008, 05:09 PM   #6
Regular Crew

Hey the I'm using the smooth shooter and the Glidecam 4000. I would probably go with the X-10 upgrade when I get some extra cash I think it would be a better all around investment, The slow motion is all done in post it was my first time using the camera so I'm still learning the ins and outs.
Old June 24th, 2008, 08:50 PM   #7
Major Player

Jason

I never knew there was a Sydney in Canada

I can also learn geography on this website

awesome

Rob.
Robert Bec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 25th, 2008, 05:44 AM   #8
Regular Crew

Hey Robert there is a Sydney in Nova Scotia but you guys were Sydney First . LOL. I think there is a few places in Cape Breton that have the same name as places in the land down under.
Jason LeFrense is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-Z7 / HVR-S270