Anyone used a WA adapter with Z7? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-Z7 / HVR-S270

Sony HVR-Z7 / HVR-S270
Handheld and shoulder mount versions of this Sony 3-CMOS HDV camcorder.

Old August 5th, 2008, 02:46 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Anyone used a WA adapter with Z7?

I'm looking for a WA adapter for my Z7. I noticed there was a recent post about the Century .6 that is supposed to come out in the next month or two ($490). B&H also lists both the 16X9Inc. .75 ($800) and the Sony VCL-HG0872 .8 ($370). Has anyone used any of these (or something else out there), and if so how do you like it? Thanks.

-Tom Valens
Tamalpais Productions
Tom Valens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 5th, 2008, 10:04 PM   #2
Major Player

Yes... I'm looking forward to a review on the Century Optics 0.6 too. If they post me one for free, I promise to say nice things about it!!!! :)
Old August 6th, 2008, 11:22 AM   #3
Regular Crew

I have just ordered a Red Eye 0.4x wide angle adaptor for my HVR S270E as recommended by a friend. It is a "non zoom through" and costs about £250 here ($500.00 ish) I think the auto focus will compensate, but I dont normally use it. I guess it will mostly stay at the wide angle when fitted. I have decided not to bother with the Sony W/A lens or the Fuji. I dont like the Zeiss lenses and the Fuji costs nearly as much as the camera.
I will report back.
Old August 6th, 2008, 06:08 PM   #4
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Valens View Post
I'm looking for a WA adapter for my Z7. I noticed there was a recent post about the Century .6 that is supposed to come out in the next month or two ($490). B&H also lists both the 16X9Inc. .75 ($800) and the Sony VCL-HG0872 .8 ($370). Has anyone used any of these (or something else out there), and if so how do you like it? Thanks.

-Tom Valens
Tamalpais Productions
The one from Sony - HG0872 - that BH states is good for the Z7U is not the case. Leave it to Sony to change the cameras to pull more money from the end user, and I state this because this WA lens is about 1/16" too big for the inset part of the Z7U. Therefore, it does not fit - ironic, isn't it? This is the same lens that is marketed for the Z1U starting a few years ago. Prior posts discuss this as well.
Marshall Levy is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-Z7 / HVR-S270