connect / disconnect lanc controller at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-Z7 / HVR-S270
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony HVR-Z7 / HVR-S270
Handheld and shoulder mount versions of this Sony 3-CMOS HDV camcorder.

Old September 16th, 2008, 01:21 PM   #1
Regular Crew

connect / disconnect lanc controller

Hi,

I sometimes have the situation that I need suddenly to take the camcorder from the tripod to shoot some handheld scenes due to space constraints, and put it back afterwards. Several lanc controllers indicate in their manual that you should switch off the camcorder, connect / disconnect the lanc controller and switch back on. However in my case this is too time consuming. How do you generally handle this ? Simply connect / disconnect while leaving the camcorder switched on ?

Thanks,
Bye,
David Arendt
David Arendt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 16th, 2008, 01:25 PM   #2
Regular Crew

Yep, just yank it out.
Old September 17th, 2008, 10:19 AM   #3
Trustee

I have a manfrotto lanc and I just plug and unplug it when I want to move with the camera on.
Old September 18th, 2008, 06:42 AM   #4
Major Player

I have the Bebob Lanc controller for my Z7 and when I have to remove it quickly for run/gun, it seems to work fine. The problem is when you plug it back in. I've had several problems in the past when doing this where the lens wouldn't zoom and all of a sudden had a mind of its own.
Now I make sure to stop the camera, turn it off, plug in the controller and then turn the camera back on. I've only used the Bebob controller with the Z7, so I can't speak of any others. I have a Varizoom as well. I might try it tonight to see if it does the same thing.
Chad Dyle is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-Z7 / HVR-S270