print to tape using Z7; DVCAM mode only? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-Z7 / HVR-S270

Sony HVR-Z7 / HVR-S270
Handheld and shoulder mount versions of this Sony 3-CMOS HDV camcorder.

Old December 22nd, 2008, 03:22 PM   #1
Major Player

print to tape using Z7; DVCAM mode only?

I've been using a Sony HVR-V1U for the past year, and I'm probably going to upgrade to a Z7 in January ... but I have one question; when printing to tape from the timeline in Vegas Pro (or any NLE) does the Z7 permit different recording modes (DV, DVCAM, HDV) or DVCAM only as my V1 does? This is a disadvantage of the V1, as DVCAM eats a 63 minute tape in 43 minutes.

Please advise? Thanks and happy holidays!

Sam
Sam Renkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 23rd, 2008, 08:36 AM   #2
Major Player

Maybe I am missing something here but my V1 will print to tape in HDV mode. At least I have done it several times from an HDV timeline. I don't think it will PTT in HDV from a DVCam timeline. I have never tried it.
Greg Laves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 30th, 2008, 01:01 AM   #3
Major Player

I haven't printed to tape in years (PS3 is great for HD playback), so I can't say for sure... but I've dubbed a HDV tape between my Z1 & HC3 a while back, so I would be SHOCKED if the Z7 couldn't do a HDV PTT.
Zach Love is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-Z7 / HVR-S270