FUJINON S19X6.5BRM LENS for Sony 270 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-Z7 / HVR-S270

Sony HVR-Z7 / HVR-S270
Handheld and shoulder mount versions of this Sony 3-CMOS HDV camcorder.

Old January 7th, 2009, 03:24 PM   #1
Major Player

FUJINON S19X6.5BRM LENS for Sony 270

hi..
will this lens "FUJINON S19X6.5BRM LENS" fit/work with the Sony 270

thanks
john
John Doran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 7th, 2009, 09:01 PM   #2
Major Player

John, that is a 1/2" lens. So it won't go on without an adapter. Fujinon sells an adapter (B&H about $700.00) that will allow you to mount a 1/2" lens on the 1/3" S270. But I think you will need a lens that has a cable out of it as opposed to a lens that makes contact through the lens mount. From the pics, I am pretty sure the Fujinon adapter does not have any contacts internally. The S19X6.5BRM is listed as a "Sony" lens and it might only have contacts on the lens mount instead of a universal type lens cable connector.
Greg Laves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 8th, 2009, 03:00 AM   #3
Major Player

lens

Many thanks
So what are my options for the Sony 270 in manual lens?
john
Old January 8th, 2009, 06:15 AM   #4
Inner Circle

check thru the forum here-I don't remember who posted it or exactly where but someone here put the Fuji 16X (most notably used on the JVC1xx/2xx cameras) on a Sony Z5 which of course means (to me at least) that it would work on the 270. You might also look at the Fuji 17X (used on the JVC 2XX series)-it might also work.
Please note that I do not own any of these cameras but am going from what I have read right here.
If it helps great of not, sorry.
Don
Don Bloom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 8th, 2009, 12:26 PM   #5
Major Player

I know Fujinon makes 1/3" lenses and I think Canon does, as well. As far as I know, all of the lenses listed for the JVC 1/3" cameras should work on the S270. I will have some additional news soon because I am anxiously awaiting arrival of my own Z7 and it is coming with a Fujinon 16x lens. TH16x5.5HD if I remember correctly.

Look for this thread "SONY Z7 & JVC HD-100U Fuji 16X kit Lens". Mine should be similar.
Old January 8th, 2009, 05:40 PM   #6
Trustee

Yes you need a fujinon TH16x5.5 lens as used on the JVC cameras, they work fine and are very good for manual operation.
Old January 9th, 2009, 03:16 AM   #7
Major Player

lens.

Hi gary

were never too far away online!
john.
Old January 10th, 2009, 12:20 AM   #8
Major Player

John, after playing with the Fujinon TH16x5.5 1/3" lens for a day, I have a few preliminary impressions. It would probably work better on the S270 than the Z7. It makes the Z7 a little awkward for me use. It just screams for some short of shoulder support. One negative is that you lose a little on the wide-angle side compared to the stock lens. On the plus side, the Fujinon obviously has more zoom 16x vs. 12x. Plus, it is a faster lens at f1.4 and it will hold f1.4 though out the whole zoom range. So it will have a slight edge in low light conditions. And probably a slightly better chance to control your DOF. I have spent most of my time shooting with broadcast lenses so I like the control. But a friend of mine has spent most of his time with cameras like the V1 and the lack of auto focus is driving him crazy. The Fujinon lens is a joy to work with. All of the controls are really light and easy to use on it. It makes the standard lens seem almost like it is in a bind, by comparison. Now if I could just find a shoulder brace that I like.
Old January 10th, 2009, 05:54 AM   #9
Regular Crew

Or you could buy a 270???
How fast( zoom speed) was the zoom on the lens you tried , I have the 270 with the standard lens and it is so slow compared to what I am used to( Canon YJ12 w/a on a SONY dsr 570)
I dont think Canon make any 1/3 inch lenses that would suit the camera, at least not at a reasonable price.
My ideal would be a 15x wide angle ( 80 degrees plus )based 1/3 inch zoom with a fast zoom speed and proper manual focus that didnt cost more than the camera! Come on Canon, you know you want to make one.

Last edited by Barry Wilkinson; January 10th, 2009 at 05:57 AM. Reason: more thoughts
Barry Wilkinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 10th, 2009, 08:02 AM   #10
Major Player

There is only one 1/3" lens from Canon at the moment. It's the KT20x5B KRS. But for the price it is costing, I would definitly go for the Fujinon HTs18x4.2BRM. It's price is a little bit more, but it has all the nice DIGIPOWER functions that are also found on the broadcast models. Also available with 2x extender.

http://www.canon.com/bctv/products/p...x5B%20KRS1.pdf

Here is the 1/3" lens folder from Fujinon.

http://www.fujinon.com/pdf/2007FPOJVCBrochure.pdf
Ivan Snoeckx is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-Z7 / HVR-S270