Sony 270+ Rode ngt1 Mic at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-Z7 / HVR-S270
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony HVR-Z7 / HVR-S270
Handheld and shoulder mount versions of this Sony 3-CMOS HDV camcorder.

Old January 11th, 2009, 09:15 AM   #1
Major Player

Sony 270+ Rode ngt1 Mic

Put on the Rode NGT1 |Mic onto the Mic holder.. very unsecure fit /loose.. is thee anything one can do to make it secure of does it just not fit?
Is the stock ic up to it?
thanks
john
John Doran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 11th, 2009, 11:55 AM   #2
Trustee

You need some rubber strip to wrap round it, personally I find the supplied mic with the S270 to be very good and more sensitive than the Rode NTG1 that I also have as a sep boom mic.

I have fitted a rode dead cat to the stock mic and even use it for close up interviews, if you l look at the Craster item on iNorthEast.tv below the vox pops on the way to the castle with the scotish people were done with the camera mic on the Z7 which is the same as the S270 one. The mic was around 3 feet away and it did the job well.
Old January 11th, 2009, 12:46 PM   #3
Regular Crew

Ditto that. You can use a piece of cut-up inner tube from an old bicycle tire if you need something that will work quickly. I'm a fan of macgyver-like solutions.

-zen

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Doran View Post
Put on the Rode NGT1 |Mic onto the Mic holder.. very unsecure fit /loose.. is thee anything one can do to make it secure of does it just not fit?
Is the stock ic up to it?
thanks
john
Scott Caplan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 11th, 2009, 02:17 PM   #4
Major Player

n

thanks Gary and Scott..
Ok.. will give the stock mic ago..
sorry about spelling earlier!
john
Old January 13th, 2009, 06:22 AM   #5
Major Player

I just rolled some gaffer tape around the mic a few times to make it snug.

Had the same problem w/ the Z1.
Zach Love is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 13th, 2009, 07:15 AM   #6
Major Player

k.................

thanks
j...................
Old January 13th, 2009, 09:23 AM   #7
Trustee

John one further thing the pics I posted on the other site we lurk on have the stock mic fitted with a rode dead cat:
Here is a shot for this site:
Old January 14th, 2009, 08:04 AM   #8
New Boot

Gary,

Does the Rode Dead Cat fit securely on the stock Sony microphone without any modification, or did you have to get creative? Did you remove the black foam cover first, or fit the Dead Cat directly over it?
Alex Goldshteyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 14th, 2009, 08:06 AM   #9
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex Goldshteyn View Post
Gary,

Does the Rode Dead Cat fit securely on the stock Sony microphone without any modification, or did you have to get creative? Did you remove the black foam cover first, or fit the Dead Cat directly over it?
It fits straight on with no mods, you need the rode WS6 and it fits very good and will not fall off. I do not use the black foam windgag just the rode WS6 and it is a good low cost substitute and far better than the stock foamie.

One other advantage is that you can keep the rode ws6 on for storage in the portabrace bag by just turning it around 180 degrees in the sony mic clip quick mount so it is pointing to the back of the camera.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-Z7 / HVR-S270