PAL / NTSC Switchability at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-Z7 / HVR-S270
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony HVR-Z7 / HVR-S270
Handheld and shoulder mount versions of this Sony 3-CMOS HDV camcorder.

Old January 18th, 2009, 08:30 AM   #1
Regular Crew

PAL / NTSC Switchability

Just thought I'd throw this out there in case it's not already common knowledge- The Z7 can be modified to shoot in both PAL and NTSC. When I ordered mine, I requested this feature. Sony obliged but it cost 50,000 yen extra. The ability to switch back and forth between the two modes has really come in handy.
Anthony Trotter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 27th, 2009, 11:25 AM   #2
Major Player

Do you know how much they'd charge if you have already purchased the camera a while ago?
Zach Love is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 27th, 2009, 10:28 PM   #3
New Boot

I traded a couple emails with Sony. The cost they quoted was $500 + shipping and taxes. You have to send your camera to them.

It's a bit of a bummer that they simply don't offer that as a firmware update for folks willing to do it themselves. Why not just make it a feature of the camera to begin with?

Here's the email address
TeaneckService@am.sony.com

They attached a repair form to the email to include with the camera.

I've not done this, but saved it just in case I have the need.
Ed Plamondon is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-Z7 / HVR-S270