HVR-s270 for conference DVD creation at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-Z7 / HVR-S270
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony HVR-Z7 / HVR-S270
Handheld and shoulder mount versions of this Sony 3-CMOS HDV camcorder.

Old June 5th, 2009, 05:30 AM   #1
Tourist

HVR-s270 for conference DVD creation

Hi

I am looking to replace my trusty JVC-DV5000 camera that I have been using to create DVD's of conferences. Its time to move on to 16:9 format and at the same time, I thought it worth the Jump to being able to offer HD.

The S270 seems on paper to be the ideal camera. Just not sure how well it will do and what my work flow should be to great decent looking SD 16:9 DVD footage. I Run a Mac and Premier CS4

Are any of you creating 16:9 SD DVD footage with a s270 or simlar camera, that perhaps give me your thoughts.

Thank you for any help you could give.

Jon
Jon Pratchett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 5th, 2009, 07:04 AM   #2
Trustee

I have used the S270 to do conferences for northumbrian water and it produces nice pictures for DVD. I have done some in Dvcam and others in HDV and have had no complaints from the client or producer and have been very happy with the results.

I have now moved onto panasonic P2 and the S270 is up for sale if you are interested, it is a nice camera and the tape and CF flexibility is great and I will miss it a lot. The craster and high force items on the IPTV test site were shot on the S270.
Old June 5th, 2009, 07:14 AM   #3
Tourist

Thanks for the Reply Gary. Emailed you ref s270 for sale.

You say you have recorded in DVDCAM. Does the s270 record SD 16:9 in DVCAM? I have a dsr11 which I used to transfer footage to my Mac, would that allow me to transfer the SD footage from the s270 to the Mac?

Jon
Jon Pratchett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 5th, 2009, 07:22 AM   #4
Trustee

Yes it does SD 16x9 in Dvcam, you can also shoot HDV onto tape and SD Dvcam to the flash card at the same time.

You can then use the card as your rushes and the tape as a HD back-up, you can also do Dvcam to both tape and flash so it is very flexible.

Add a £50 sandisk firewire card reader to your system and you will have a high speed import for camera rushes.

I use final cut pro so dont know your edit system but it should import OK from flash Dvcam files.
Old June 6th, 2009, 07:43 PM   #5
Major Player

I use the S270 on a daily basis. It is a fantastic camera that operates very good in lowlight and produces a great picture quality. I use it on 16:9 SD DVCAM almost all of the time. But, however, if I now would have the money of a new S270 to spend I would seriously consider buying this XDCAM HD camera from Mr. Sørensen:

http://www.dvinfo.net/conf/private-c...-kit-sale.html

This camera is very low on hours, looks like new, the technology of XDCAM is a lot better then the running parts of DVCAM, has better lowlight performances and of course the picture quality of a 1/2"cam is a lot better than a 1/3"cam.
Gabor Heeres is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-Z7 / HVR-S270