S270 - Cannot get a signal from Video Out at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-Z7 / HVR-S270
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony HVR-Z7 / HVR-S270
Handheld and shoulder mount versions of this Sony 3-CMOS HDV camcorder.

Old November 28th, 2009, 03:40 AM   #1
Major Player

S270 - Cannot get a signal from Video Out

I'm trying to get an image (DV, not HDV) on my TV set from the Video Out socket on the side of the S270.

I have connected a BNC to RCA/phono adapter and have connected the camera to the TV with a Phono to Phono lead.

I've tried lots of different combinations in the menu for the video out but I can't get anything to appear on the TV.

Any help would be appreciated.
Matt Bigwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 28th, 2009, 04:30 AM   #2
Major Player

Matt, did you set the switch on the front of the viewfinder from LCD to Composite?
Gabor Heeres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 28th, 2009, 04:59 AM   #3
Major Player

Gabor, thanks very much - I hadn't done that and it now works!

Matt
Old December 2nd, 2009, 01:46 PM   #4
Regular Crew

Are you able to see all the info that is visible on the eye piece/monitor on the TV set?
If so how did you do it. I have been trying to get the info displayed on an external monitor without success.

Thanks
Ronnie Martin
Old December 2nd, 2009, 02:54 PM   #5
Major Player

Hi Ronnie, no, I didn't see the info etc, just the image from the camera. I just needed it for a live seminar yesterday and Gabor's advice did the trick.
Old December 2nd, 2009, 05:50 PM   #6
Regular Crew

I just shot an interview a few minutes ago and it sure would have been nice to be able to see the info on my on camera monitor. Usually, my end product for this kind of gig is SD DVD and I really need the 4x3 markers that I see in the eye piece. Also it helps to have this in a larger monitor to be able to see it better.

Take care

Ronnie Martin
Old December 11th, 2009, 01:47 PM   #7
Regular Crew

Since there has been no response I assume that it is not possible to get the info that appears in the viewfinder on the external monitor. If someone has figured out hot t do this with the 270 I sure wish they would share it here on the forum.

Thanks

Ronnie Martin
Page 1
Old December 11th, 2009, 03:18 PM   #8
Major Player

Menu item
DISP Output V-out/panel
and Displ Output all?

Page 58 http://ws.sel.sony.com/PIPWebService...VRS270U_OM.pdf

aparentally you can set in the menu, to feed out the overlay, or NOT to the video, and or the composite/SDI.

also try turning OFF the LCD display??

also something about Markers ? that uses the same screen overlay as the time code display or something? meaning the overlay cant Share the overlay with every displayed item?

i donno i just happen to have gone over the manuel fully, because the output could be fed to a TV for customers, or a switcher for editing, USUALLY they put in the menu a way to turn the info/display noise on or off as needed, even for "monitor" outputs.

i am interested in knowing why you cannot achieve the overlay data myself , i dont have the camera just the manuel.
the only other thing i can think of is trying different "scan" rates or resolutions, as the overlay may be limited to its single resolution/rate as USED already on the LCD, and therfore a downconverted display does not (or does) have the overlay capability. meaning one CG computer overlay, 2 shown resolutions (intelace or whatever) the one CG cannot display in both resses, and overlay is not downconverted (for other reasons i could Guess)

Last edited by Marty Welk; December 11th, 2009 at 07:02 PM.
Marty Welk is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-Z7 / HVR-S270