Copying card contents the log&transfer at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-Z7 / HVR-S270
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony HVR-Z7 / HVR-S270
Handheld and shoulder mount versions of this Sony 3-CMOS HDV camcorder.

Old February 20th, 2010, 08:31 PM   #1
Major Player

Copying card contents the log&transfer

I don't routinely use a Z7 and I'm encountering a workflow issue. My usual workflow is to copy the entire contents of my cards onto an archive drive, then log & transfer (or import) from the archive drive. I know that the file structure is fussy, that you can't move items out of the Sony folders.

I moved the "Video" folder off the CF card onto my drive. Final cut will not open the m2t movies (I have the plug in) in Log and Transfer, claiming the file structure is invalid. However, it will open the movies directly from the CF card in its reader.

Why will it work directly off the CF card and not from the copied files on my hard drive?

Thanks
Bob Kerner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 21st, 2010, 05:41 AM   #2
Major Player

If you can't get it to work, an alternate workflow might be to log and transfer off the card and then archive the mov wrapped files instead of the m2t files. If you need the material later on it's already in a QuickTime wrapper.
Old February 22nd, 2010, 01:32 AM   #3
Major Player

Did you not transfer any reference files? Did you click on the same point in the file structure?

I think it is crazy how picky FCP is, but it is what it is & I think it is a lot better than capturing off tape.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-Z7 / HVR-S270