MRU not Communicating with Camera? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-Z7 / HVR-S270
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony HVR-Z7 / HVR-S270
Handheld and shoulder mount versions of this Sony 3-CMOS HDV camcorder.

Old March 30th, 2012, 06:54 AM   #1
Regular Crew

MRU not Communicating with Camera?

Anyone had this issue?

I have spent 5 hours trying to fix this, no idea what to do, after doing a job tonight, it all worked fine, used the cam link for a change, and when I went to move footage from my MRU, it would not connect to PC, tried 3 PC's, it would just keep trying to connect and nothing happened, now it does nothing, just the info displays on front when it on, will not record when plugged in to camera, will not play footage.

My camera is also now not connecting to PC, as I have a tape as well of the footage, my cable plugs in, then HDV out/HDV in flashes on screen of display on camera.

Really annoyed at moment, have huge week on and weekend, and I have no way of retreaving the footage!!!! My camera still records on tape fine, but I cant play it back as PC's are not picking it up....

Sigh.
Wayne Dear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 5th, 2012, 02:41 PM   #2
Major Player

Re: MRU not Communicating with Camera?

Not a faulty firewire cable is it?
John Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 5th, 2012, 07:06 PM   #3
New Boot

Re: MRU not Communicating with Camera?

I feel your frustration. Let's troubleshoot a step at a time

"after doing a job tonight, it all worked fine," I am assuming you recorded to a CFcard. Can you eliminate card corruption by inserting it into a card reader?

"when I went to move footage from my MRU, it would not connect to PC," Are you using the i-Link cradle? That's what I do.

"tried 3 PC's, it would just keep trying to connect and nothing happened, now it does nothing, just the info displays on front when it on, will not record when plugged in to camera, will not play footage." This could be a cable problem, but I don't think so because your MRU won't record to the card when plugged into camera, nor play back footage from the flash files.

"My camera is also now not connecting to PC, as I have a tape as well of the footage, my cable plugs in, then HDV out/HDV in flashes on screen of display on camera." What program are you using to capture (or download) the files? Check all the Capture settings including Input Device. In some programs, for HVR Z7U, you need to select the generic Sony HDV input device.

"My camera still records on tape fine, but I cant play it back as PC's are not picking it up...." Can you get the camcorder to playback correctly to its own display or to an external monitor via HDMI/ Component/RCA? If so, check the Firewire cable and the Output settings in the IN/OUT menu.

Import and Capture settings will be different in your editing software, so the MRU file and Camera Tape problems may have to be attacked separately.

I find Sony quite helpful in a crisis, but only after you've narrowed the problem to a possible camcorder malfunction.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-Z7 / HVR-S270