Initial Comments - 50/1.8 for weddings - Page 4 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony Alpha and NEX Camera Systems > Sony NEX-EA50 (all variants)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony NEX-EA50 (all variants)
Including NEX-EA50UH / EA50EH / EA50H / EA50UK / EA50EK / EA50K

Old February 19th, 2013, 10:23 AM   #46
Regular Crew

Re: Initial Comments - 50/1.8 for weddings

I agree with Chris. The kit lens is terrific. Sharp, steady and very well made. Is it the fastest, no, but for the money, you can't go wrong. I sue mine all the time, in conjunction with primes, as needs warrant. 'Nuff said.
Robert Moran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 19th, 2013, 06:09 PM   #47
Inner Circle

Hi Rob

It also, of course, depends on what you are doing...with weddings when I'm in tight spaces, no time and rushing around then yes I need a quick lens with OSS and AF....If I'm shooting masterpieces like Noa does and have the time to set up the camera, use a slider or redo the shot a few times then a prime lens is the obvious choice!!

James is selling/has sold his stock lens so he obviously is doing stuff like Noa does only and doesn't have the need for a zoom or AF and can afford the time to not have to "shoot from the hip" like event guys do!

Chris
Chris Harding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 19th, 2013, 06:16 PM   #48
Trustee

All I do is use a wide prime, my fisheye lens for the introductory shots of the venue and then a manual portrait prime for a few close up face shots.

Other than that Im always using my SEL18200 non-powerzoom lens which came with my VG20.

If I didn't own the SEL18200 I wouldn't have sold my SEL-P18200 which came with the EA50.

They are both identical. One has power zoom the other is a manual zoom. But both have autofocus and OSS.

I even kept the hood that came with the SEL-P18200 and use it on the SEL18200.

If I was being really picky, I would say the kit lens on the EA50 may be slightly sharper and more contrasty ... but nothing I have noticed. Only because it's newer tech do I say this.
James Manford is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony Alpha and NEX Camera Systems > Sony NEX-EA50 (all variants)