Extra CU lens in the viewfinder? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony Alpha and NEX Camera Systems > Sony NEX-EA50 (all variants)

Sony NEX-EA50 (all variants)
Including NEX-EA50UH / EA50EH / EA50H / EA50UK / EA50EK / EA50K

Old February 14th, 2013, 07:41 AM   #1
Inner Circle

Extra CU lens in the viewfinder?

Hi Guys

Any of you slightly more "mature" guys that are farsighted (you need reading glasses to see small print) are finding the diopter adjustment on the viewing tube is almost all the way up to max to get a sharp image?? I just noticed that mine is almost on maximum and I do need to wear reading glasses when using the computer or reading fine print so I wondered if anyone has yet added a 52mm closeup lens (as per the manual) to magnify the image a little extra?

For the price of close up lenses I was thinking about grabbing one for each camera but I'm not sure whether to get a +1, +2 or +3 ??? Is there any way you can figure it out ?? I don't want to get something like a +3 and find that I have to adjust the tube completely opposite and run out of negative diopter! Any idea what the adjustment range is on the viewing tube at all??

Chris
Chris Harding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 14th, 2013, 08:59 AM   #2
Inner Circle

Re: Extra CU lens in the viewfinder?

What if you got a +2. It would seem that you would have some leeway in both directions then. Maybe!
Old February 14th, 2013, 06:07 PM   #3
Inner Circle

Thanks Don

That's the route I may have to go if no-one else has done this before. No big rush though! At the moment there seems to be enough adjustment. Pity JVC didn't go the LCD/Loupe route on your 700 series camera. You would love the massive viewfinder especially us "mature" shooters!!

My second cam is all set up now too so I can do a two cam shoot without any issues too.

Done any footage on the JVC as yet? or is Chicago still in the depths of Winter?

Chris
Chris Harding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 14th, 2013, 06:59 PM   #4
Inner Circle

Yeah i've always maintained that my biggest complaint about the HD/HM series of cameras was the small viewfinder. When I had my 5000 and 5100 I had the VF116. WAAAAAY better than the 115 that came with the 5000. Big, bright, bold, easy to see with...I wish the HD/HM cams had something like it.

Anyway, still in winter cold little snow but I've only done a couple of talking heads so nothing really out there yet. I am finding though that the more I use this camera the more I LOVE it. The 17X lens is simply awesome.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony Alpha and NEX Camera Systems > Sony NEX-EA50 (all variants)