LCD Screen Protector? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony Alpha and NEX Camera Systems > Sony NEX-EA50 (all variants)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony NEX-EA50 (all variants)
Including NEX-EA50UH / EA50EH / EA50H / EA50UK / EA50EK / EA50K

Old March 2nd, 2013, 01:53 AM   #1
Trustee

LCD Screen Protector?

Has anyone thought about putting one of the clear cell phone screen protectors on the LCD screen. Would there be any drawback? It may not appear as sharp with a layer of plastic over it but they are reasonably clear. The LCD screen has some kind of coating on it Sony says becareful not scratch. The adhesive on those things seems almost non-existent, I don't think it would hurt the screen?

Thoughts.............

Steve
Old March 2nd, 2013, 02:26 AM   #2
Trustee

Re: LCD Screen Protector?

I did it for my C100. Bought the cheapest tablet sized InvisibleShield from Amazon (toshiba thrive or something) and then cut it to size. At first it seemed weird and sloppy, but now I don't even notice it. Seems like a good idea, we'll see what happens a couple years down the road when it comes time to take it off.
Old March 30th, 2013, 11:00 AM   #3
Trustee

Jinxed myself. I could not bring myself to put a protector on the screen. I want it to be as sharp and touch sensitive as possible.

Now the coating has two scratches on it. One is a squiggly line about 1/4 inch long. Not even sure what I did. It happened on my road trip last week.

Now comes the plastic protector. Aside from the lens face (protected by filter) the LCD is the most vulnerable part of the camera and I am hard on gear.

Steve
Old March 30th, 2013, 12:24 PM   #4
Inner Circle

I had one on my HM700. Had to take it off because it had developed a nasty air bubble pretty much in the middle. A bit distracting to say the least. Came off without any problem. I simply lifted one corner and BAM! Peeled off like butter! The bigger issue came when putting on the new one, I couldn't get it one without bubbles. took my wife to figure it out but it never hurt the sharpness of the LCD!

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony Alpha and NEX Camera Systems > Sony NEX-EA50 (all variants)