My first actual project with the EA50. BMS | Friday - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony Alpha and NEX Camera Systems > Sony NEX-EA50 (all variants)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony NEX-EA50 (all variants)
Including NEX-EA50UH / EA50EH / EA50H / EA50UK / EA50EK / EA50K

Old March 16th, 2013, 09:12 PM   #16
Regular Crew

Re: My first actual project with the EA50. BMS | Friday

Great Job Jerome,
Most of all you captured the spirit of the event perfectly.
AL
Al Gardner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 16th, 2013, 09:13 PM   #17
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Gardner View Post
Great Job Jerome,
Most of all you captured the spirit of the event perfectly.
AL
Thanks! That's exactly what I was hired to do...
Old March 16th, 2013, 10:40 PM   #18
Inner Circle

Hi Jerome

Brilliant again.. I like the fact that you pace the clip beautifully... it's hard not to watch it because it's all action and things are happening all the time ...a sunset for 50 seconds on screen can of course look stunning but oh so boring!! Your cutaways are timed perfectly!!

Now, forget about the video, I want the blonde in the red overalls!!!

Just for interest was that PP3 profile still with the detail at -7 or did it lift it a bit??? It looked pretty sharp!

Chris
Chris Harding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 16th, 2013, 11:09 PM   #19
Trustee

Great Job! Any client should be happy to have a piece like that shot and DELIVERED in the same day. Good work. I was glad to see she did not have the sun glasses on after her introductory shot. She is way to pretty to be covered up with those goggles.

Even though this is a pubic forum I will say, don't expect any favors from Kyle Busch. I have had to deal with him and his brother many times. I have no problem saying they are both bigger jerks than even the fans that don't like them would know. When you are as good as Kyle and 75,000 out of 100,000 fans boo you when you win there is a reason for it. They will do the mandatory stuff in victory lane (sometimes) and that is it. Then they are both rude and mean.

Are they going to let you shoot true race action or are you being kept away from that for contractual reasons? This IS public, I'm not trying to put you on the spot. Ignore anything I say that your not comfortable with. I know the politics of your situation as well as the difficulties that come with covering such a big, exciting event. I hope your having fun. Your producing good stuff, don't be so hard on yourself.

The golf cart.....oh yea...how many drunks yelled at you because you would not give them a ride? Your clips brought back many good memories.

Steve

Feel free to e-mail me any time if I can help you with any question off the board. I'm not trying to say I know a lot but five years of racing coverage for the PIR media department taught me a few things.
Old March 16th, 2013, 11:27 PM   #20
Trustee

Jerome,

I just checked out your web site. Of course it is good but there is something there that is better than good, it is mind blowing great! That is your BIO. Simple, honest, real, personal, and obviously written by you. I love it. No attempt to puff your self up, no BS, just a personal message about you and where you came from. You broke all of the slick rules taught by copywriters and put yourself on the line. That takes guts. Good for you!

Steve
Old March 17th, 2013, 05:24 AM   #21
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Harding View Post
Hi Jerome

Brilliant again.. I like the fact that you pace the clip beautifully...
Just for interest was that PP3 profile still with the detail at -7 or did it lift it a bit??? It looked pretty sharp!

Chris
Thanks Chris. Detail was at -7 & I have applied .25 sharpening in post using Vegas.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven Digges View Post
Jerome,

I just checked out your web site. Of course it is good but there is something there that is better than good, it is mind blowing great! That is your BIO. Simple, honest, real, personal, and obviously written by you. I love it. No attempt to puff your self up, no BS, just a personal message about you and where you came from. You broke all of the slick rules taught by copywriters and put yourself on the line. That takes guts. Good for you!

Steve
LOL, some rules are made to be broken. Times have changed and my target clients like dealing with people. Not BS ;-)
I hate BS.
BS never wins the gold.
Ok got to head back to the track! Thanks and I'll respond more later.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony Alpha and NEX Camera Systems > Sony NEX-EA50 (all variants)