Slow Content Browser at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony Alpha and NEX Camera Systems > Sony NEX-EA50 (all variants)

Sony NEX-EA50 (all variants)
Including NEX-EA50UH / EA50EH / EA50H / EA50UK / EA50EK / EA50K

Old March 26th, 2013, 08:11 PM   #1
New Boot

Slow Content Browser

For those of you who are using (or have tried) the content browser, do you find it sluggish? I've tried it on two systems, both of which are pretty fast and its super slow. The clips open fine in VLC, but in the content browser there's a major delay when I press play, and scrubbing is useless.
Old March 26th, 2013, 11:42 PM   #2
Inner Circle

Re: Slow Content Browser

Hi Wes

Yep it's not very good but the Content Utility is necessary if you have to join clips that split after 12 - 15 minutes seamlessly. Further back is a post about the Utility (don't confuse it with the Browser!) and links to downlaod the latest version. It's a must on your computer!

Chris
Chris Harding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 27th, 2013, 01:08 AM   #3
Inner Circle

I tried the content browser and if I select export to send the clips to my disk it doesn't join long files? They show up as one continuous file in the content browser but on my harddisk they are seperate files and Edius does see them as separate files as well. Only if I use Edius import function the files are still separate but show up as continuous files in the NLE without any frameloss.

So if I understand you right after you move longer records from your card (where they are split up) to the pc harddrive with the contentbrowser they show up as one big file?
Noa Put is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 27th, 2013, 03:51 AM   #4
Inner Circle

Hi Noa

The browser does not export the joined files at all..that was the big issue on the post discussing with Ron Evans. The Content Utility software does the job 100%!! I was fooled at first too but they are completely different packages and the Content Browser is meant to browse files and why it has an export function I really don't know!!

Content Utility actually does both so scrap the Browser and install the Utility and you will have no issues and yes the spilt files will indeed to exported as one file!! The Utility doesn't come with the camera you need to download it and also, once it recognises your camera that's all that is needed and subsequent sessions will export correctly from your card reader so you have no need to drag the camera over to the computer when you need to export split files ...just the card alone works perfectly

Chris
Old March 27th, 2013, 03:55 AM   #5
Inner Circle

Thx Chris, do you have a link for that utility?
Noa Put is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 27th, 2013, 05:29 AM   #6
Inner Circle

Hi Noa

Sony Creative Software - Download: Content Management Utility

When you install you need to connect the camera via USB just the first time...After that it will recognise a card in the card reader as a "camera" and will run perfectly. No need for a camera connect after that!!

Chris
Old March 27th, 2013, 08:59 AM   #7
New Boot

The CMU isn't available for the Mac (my primary system). The only piece they have available for the Mac is the Content Browser. Do you know if the combine function is built into this software?

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony Alpha and NEX Camera Systems > Sony NEX-EA50 (all variants)