Bet your glad you bought your EA50! at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony Alpha and NEX Camera Systems > Sony NEX-EA50 (all variants)

Sony NEX-EA50 (all variants)
Including NEX-EA50UH / EA50EH / EA50H / EA50UK / EA50EK / EA50K

Old April 8th, 2013, 03:52 AM   #1
Trustee

Bet your glad you bought your EA50!

Because the prices have officially gone up in Europe.

The well known vendor I purchased mine from in the UK has risen the price by almost £200. Bringing the total cost to just under £3000.

And if your shopping on Amazon, then expect to pay in excess of £3,000 now! ouch!

Quite relieved I managed to save up in time to get mine before the price increase.
James Manford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 8th, 2013, 04:59 AM   #2
Inner Circle

Re: Bet your glad you bought your EA50!

Hi James

I paid AUS$4060 (including GST of 10%) for my first one in January and then it actually dropped $60 in February when I bought the second one. So far my dealer still has them at that price.

If yours are going up then maybe ours will go up too?? If that's the case then YAY!! we all saved some bucks!!

Chris
Chris Harding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 8th, 2013, 07:59 AM   #3
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Harding View Post
Hi James

I paid AUS$4060 (including GST of 10%) for my first one in January and then it actually dropped $60 in February when I bought the second one. So far my dealer still has them at that price.

If yours are going up then maybe ours will go up too?? If that's the case then YAY!! we all saved some bucks!!

Chris
I actually had no idea ... it's just some one ( I forgot who it was .. ) wrote on a thread that Sony are knocking up their prices from April by 9%. I was a bit skeptical at first but what do you know ... they actually have!
Old April 8th, 2013, 09:11 AM   #4
Major Player

that was me!
I got an email from, i suspect the same company your referring to.

the email went something like this
'IMPORTANT NOTICE
Beat Sony's 9½ % Price Rise
Due to currency variations Sony are imposing a UK price list increase of 9.5% on all products from 1st April 2013.........................'

i was considering the EA 50 for some future purchase decision but at the moment thats shelved! The did say UK price list increase so i'm not sure does it apply to the eurozone countries.
probably not a great marketing strategy, they lost out on a couple of thousand euros from me at any rate ;-)

R
Old April 8th, 2013, 10:05 AM   #5
Trustee

Ahhh right, so it's UK only.

Bloody hell .. at one point I nearly took my business overseas to a company that always pops up in Google (won't mention name here). They are located in New York. So no UK warranty and it's a US model. However the price was so appealing being listed at £2399.99 ! in the end I forked out the additional £300 and bought it from the cheapest UK vendor. However, now that additional £300 becomes an additional £500 for new buyers due to the price hike!
Old April 8th, 2013, 10:16 AM   #6
Major Player

Surely its because of the worsening exchange rate for the Pound against the Euro. (Apparently its supposed to help exporters.)
Steve Game is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 8th, 2013, 12:11 PM   #7
Regular Crew

I'm really happy. I needed to buy mine before the end of the tax year and when I visited my favourite retailer in person (I normally order online, even though they are my nearest stockist) they only had an ex-demo EA50 in stock. It had never left the showroom and I got another £200 off their already competitive price. They also tipped me off about the price hike.

I rewarded their generosity by putting the saving towards a spare battery, a lanc controller and a GoPro Hero 3 Black (also on special offer).

:-) (smug)
Martyn Moore is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony Alpha and NEX Camera Systems > Sony NEX-EA50 (all variants)