Canon 'FD' to NEX - Speed Booster / Focal Reducer - Page 3 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony Alpha and NEX Camera Systems > Sony NEX-EA50 (all variants)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony NEX-EA50 (all variants)
Including NEX-EA50UH / EA50EH / EA50H / EA50UK / EA50EK / EA50K

Old September 1st, 2015, 01:49 PM   #31
Inner Circle

Re: Canon 'FD' to NEX - Speed Booster / Focal Reducer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Van den Berghe View Post
ou get fullframe (wider) lens. A 24mm lens becomes a real 24mm lens.
A 24mm lens is always a 24mm lens.
Gary Huff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 1st, 2015, 02:03 PM   #32
Major Player

yes, but on APS-C sensor it becomes less wider because the crop factor. that's what I mean
Tom Van den Berghe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 1st, 2015, 07:45 PM   #33
Inner Circle

The EA-50 has a crop factor of 1.5 so a 24mm lens actually IS still a 24mm lens but has the field of view of a 36mm lens. Using the Metabones it's field of view reverts back to 24mm and if it's a booster too, your lens becomes one stop faster. As already mentioned by Tom, make sure you buy a lens for a full frame sensor otherwise it will vignette. I must admit with the cost of the Metabones I gave it a miss as autofocus won't work properly anyway so wouldn't it be much easier to get a wider and faster lens and shoot in manual???

If you have a 24mm F2.8 lens plus a speed booster you end up with a 24mm FOV and around F2 right???

Surely it's a LOT easier (and cheaper) to just have a manual 16mm lens on the camera that is F1.8 .. you get the same result for less money.

When I still had my EA-50's my goto lens was my Sigma 18-35 F1.8 ...cost me $700 for the lens and $15 for a dumb adapter .... That would a LOT cheaper than using a Metabones UNLESS of course you already have a huge selection of Canon lenses at home begging to be used ???
Chris Harding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 2nd, 2015, 05:17 AM   #34
Major Player

Chris,

I have 2 fast prime lenses from samyang (rokinon) a F1.4 85mm with eos mout (I have a dumb eos-nex adapter for this) and a F1.5 24mm ED AS I F umc.

The reason I asked this whas to become a wider field of view and a more blurry background with this lens.
But the 24mm lens has a emount so I can't use a metabones for this (nex to nex is impossible)

And sony still didn't make a fullframe shouldercam like the nex-ea50. No, the FS7 is not a replacement for nex-ea50 for me.
Tom Van den Berghe is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony Alpha and NEX Camera Systems > Sony NEX-EA50 (all variants)