My EA50 setup for a documentary - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony Alpha and NEX Camera Systems > Sony NEX-EA50 (all variants)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony NEX-EA50 (all variants)
Including NEX-EA50UH / EA50EH / EA50H / EA50UK / EA50EK / EA50K

Old July 31st, 2013, 02:48 AM   #16
Regular Crew

Re: My EA50 setup for a documentary

FYI:

Some screengrabs from high contrast scenes after a very basic color correction (only shadows and highlights adjusted so that they are present in the colourspace). Only the first still has a simple mask on the boy to lighten him up a bit. I just played a little bit with the footage in Da Vinci Resolve for 5 minutes after transcoding to ProRes LT.

Colors a just like they came out with my profile. I don't think that it needs much tweaking at all.
By the way did I film almost always with 5600K white balance. Only nightshots on the streets were filmed with 3800K. All in all 25h with 2 color temperatures... ;)
And I like the colours a lot, specially skintones are nice and natural in my eyes.

In the end the footage might need a little sharpening as I dialed down "details" to -4. But that will be decided at the end of editing next late summer.
Attached Thumbnails
My EA50 setup for a documentary-milan_corr_1.1.1.jpg   My EA50 setup for a documentary-markt_corr_1.2.1.jpg  

My EA50 setup for a documentary-tomislav_corr_1.3.1.jpg   My EA50 setup for a documentary-fischen_corr_1.4.1.jpg  

Erik Wittbusch is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony Alpha and NEX Camera Systems > Sony NEX-EA50 (all variants)