2nd job with the E-50 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony Alpha and NEX Camera Systems > Sony NEX-EA50 (all variants)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony NEX-EA50 (all variants)
Including NEX-EA50UH / EA50EH / EA50H / EA50UK / EA50EK / EA50K

Old September 22nd, 2013, 06:39 PM   #1
Trustee

2nd job with the E-50

I shot a job at a very well lit church and a dark reception hall the camera did great there were times that I wondered if the stock lens would be enough but I think I need more light. I think I may buy the 85 mm at 1.4 and one of the wide zooms. Part of me thinks the stock lens would be fine if it was just locked at f4.0 its losing light as I zoom that kills it. question: Is there a auto focus lens that I can get (non sony) that lets me still use the face reconition auto focus? or at least a good auto focus? I really am getting hooked on that now.
Randy Johnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 23rd, 2013, 05:57 AM   #2
Inner Circle

Re: 2nd job with the E-50

Hi Randy

Check out what Sigma have?? I had a 19mm F2.8 prime and it autofocussed OK but rather slowly. That was an E-Mount lens .. It obviously needs to be an e-mount so the camera can run focus so maybe do a search for e-mount lenses?? I don't know of any zooms that are e-mount that will run on the EA-50 and autofocus. I actually prefer using the touch screen focus but, of course, that also needs an e-mount lens to work as well. At weddings you can get away with manual focus easily on zooms as there is little movement ..however the only issue is when the bride walks down the aisle and then back out ...everything else it easily manageable on manual as long as you have peaking on you will find you are faster than the auto sometimes!!

Do the Samyang prime lens allow the camera to do full functions since they are a e-mount lens??? I have never used one but I find using the Tamron 17-50 is really easy to set!

Chris
Chris Harding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 23rd, 2013, 06:29 AM   #3
Major Player

Sony are releasing the 18-105 f4 power zoom later this year. Looks interesting for times when you don't need the full range of the 18-200...
Dmitri Zigany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 23rd, 2013, 09:57 AM   #4
Trustee

yeah I was looking at that I there were times saturday when I thought if I had a lens that just would stay on 3.5-4 that might be enough. I think I will be getting a few lenses by the time this is over.
Old September 23rd, 2013, 02:38 PM   #5
Trustee

BTW Chris you know the issues we had with the Azden wirelesses (325 dual channel)I kept my mine but use the single channel one well I used it on this camera. I had it backed up so I wasnt worried but I shot the whole day in all different ranges without a hicup. I dont know what the different the camera could have made maybe it was the bluetooth headset I used to use but its good now.
Old September 23rd, 2013, 06:55 PM   #6
Inner Circle

Hi Randy

Yeah I remember that too! I sold my dual 325 setup and bought two 100ULT's and they are awesome and never given me any issues at all. I think it's because they are diversity receivers and the 325 obviously doesn't have the space for dual antennas as their pack have two receivers in one case.

Chris
Chris Harding is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony Alpha and NEX Camera Systems > Sony NEX-EA50 (all variants)