Tamron 17-50 F2.8 - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony Alpha and NEX Camera Systems > Sony NEX-EA50 (all variants)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony NEX-EA50 (all variants)
Including NEX-EA50UH / EA50EH / EA50H / EA50UK / EA50EK / EA50K

Old February 9th, 2014, 07:13 PM   #16
Inner Circle

Re: Tamron 17-50 F2.8

Chris is right, I have had some luck with cheap adapters but also issues with others where in one case I almost couldn't get the adapter removed anymore from my g6 but it could go the other way as well like a adapter that sits too loose. There is very little tolerance to make it fit and the expensive adapters are more precisely made. Here is an example of a kiwi adapter that was too loose on my gh3, very annoying when I wanted to manually focus or change the iris on the samyang lens that was attached, here it fitted quite well on the camera but there was too much play to fit eos mount lenses.

Noa Put is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 9th, 2014, 07:21 PM   #17
Inner Circle

Hi Noa

You were lucky! My FOTGA one wouldn't even fit on the EA-50 as the tolerances were so bad!! it would go on and be able to do about a 1/8th turn and then locked ... I even tried careful sanding of the fitting but the lip width was way, way out. On the lens end it was so tight the back plate of my Nikon lens was quite deeply scarred.

Unless you can physically walk into a shop with your camera and lens and actually try it then don't buy a cheap one ...Of course Tom might be lucky??

Didn't you have another brand adapter that you used to use on your EA-50 ?? I'm sure that worked pretty well!!

Chris
Chris Harding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 11th, 2014, 03:48 PM   #18
Major Player

Chris,

about the tamron 28-75mm F2.8. This would have an iris ring they told me? In this case I don't need a special adapter like novoflex? Or do I miss something here?
Tom Van den Berghe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 11th, 2014, 05:35 PM   #19
New Boot

Tom you are nuts - you only get what you pay for - I got a cheap adaptor so I could put my Tamron Lens on my DSLR Adaptor got stuck and I broke the lens! Adaptor £20 Lens £280 Need I say more!
Iain P. Johnston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 11th, 2014, 07:15 PM   #20
Inner Circle

Hi Tom

Most Nikon mount lenses don't have an iris ring but yes, some 3rd party lenses may have them fitted ..I remember my Sigma 24-70 was a Nikon mount but also had an iris ring. It won't cost you any extra to get the adapter with the control.

Seriously regardless of what mount lens you are using, don't buy a cheap adapter!! I already have a lens in my Nikon set with deep grooves caused by a cheap adapter. As Iain has already just said he has damaged a $280 lens which is MORE than buying a decent adapter.. Germany is your neighbour so it will be easy to find a Novoflex that will fit your camera correctly and not damage any lenses.

Chris
Chris Harding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 13th, 2014, 06:27 AM   #21
Inner Circle

I use a Metabones on my EA50 but for my VG-20 (same NEX mount) I use a R.J. Camera focal reducer for EOS Lenses - price somewhere between cheap and expensive - I find it a perfect fit and they produce one for Nikon

focal reducer speed booster adapter for Nikon F/G AI AIS to Sony NEX 5 6 7 FS700 FS100 VG20 EA50

Don't buy cheap - you'll regret it!

Pete
Peter Rush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 22nd, 2014, 11:31 AM   #22
Trustee

Guys,

I love my Metabones smart adapter. Canon EF to Sony E. Well made too. Having full electronic control of lens functions makes it worth every penny. But.....if you are considering one.....keep in mind they are not compatible with Tamron EF mount lenses.

Steve
Old February 22nd, 2014, 06:39 PM   #23
New Boot

I second the RJ approval! Ive been running 2 of them for the last 6 months --
an eos to nex electronic adapter:
Electronic Aperture EOS NEX adapter
& a canon fd version of the one peter linked to. Both have been problem free, & the build quality is excellent. Thumbs up for sure.
Theo Dilworth is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony Alpha and NEX Camera Systems > Sony NEX-EA50 (all variants)