Zoom Rocker for DSLR Lenses? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony Alpha and NEX Camera Systems > Sony NEX-EA50 (all variants)

Sony NEX-EA50 (all variants)
Including NEX-EA50UH / EA50EH / EA50H / EA50UK / EA50EK / EA50K

Old November 8th, 2013, 09:37 PM   #1
Major Player

Zoom Rocker for DSLR Lenses?

Are there any?

There was this that i found but it seems as though it never made it into production after a debut at NAB 2012. Are there others out there? Please advise. Boy how this would make life easier. Slap on any lens and have zoom controls!
Joel Corral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 9th, 2013, 06:28 AM   #2
Inner Circle

Re: Zoom Rocker for DSLR Lenses?

Yet another gizmo designed to turn a DSLR back into a device with cameraman friendly features!
Paul R Johnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 9th, 2013, 12:56 PM   #3
Major Player

i see nothing wrong with that.
Joel Corral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 9th, 2013, 02:32 PM   #4
Inner Circle

I always appreciate a real camcorder's silky smooth zoom, iris and focus rings versus the cheap sticky rings on my DSLR packages. A lens with integrated motors on 3 rings all powered by the same battery running the camera adds up to a nice package. I find the tinker-toy generation of DSLR rigs compromise many of the well known and understood things that make equipment help you bring home well exposed and focused video and the audio that goes with it versus equipment that has you constantly fighting it's limitations and compromising the result. In-camera pulls and pushes being a great example. YMMV
Les Wilson is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony Alpha and NEX Camera Systems > Sony NEX-EA50 (all variants)