Monopod For EA50 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony Alpha and NEX Camera Systems > Sony NEX-EA50 (all variants)

Sony NEX-EA50 (all variants)
Including NEX-EA50UH / EA50EH / EA50H / EA50UK / EA50EK / EA50K

Old November 20th, 2014, 04:09 AM   #1
Major Player

Monopod For EA50

I mentioned this monopod in another thread here but I wanted to take some time to say that I am extremely impressed with this pod so far.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...120_034458.jpg
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...120_045034.jpg

This pod has a pan head that is equipped with tilt as well. It has feet that allows this cam to stand with one leg if you are in a confined space it would work great. Of course I would not recommend leaving it unattended standing on it's own, but it does help with maneuvering and getting good angles and shots. It is kind of like hand held with out it being on your shoulder. It is definitely not a replacement for shoulder mount but it does add the ability to adjust lens rings, tilt, and pan without holding the weight of the cam.

I bought this pod to use at my next event which is a fashion show. There is limited space and room in the press section and a tripod would be a little too bulky. So i bought this Monopod as a spacer saver and found that I really like using it. It is like having my cam suspended in mid air while i adjust the rings and Zoom. The pan and tilt makes it a beast. I have the twist lock version, but here is a video of the flip lock version.

Edit: The more I play with it the more I love it. Very easy to create some nice fluid dolly looking shots with all the smooth joints. I hope to be able to post something that is worthy of this pod.

Last edited by Aaron Jones Sr.; November 20th, 2014 at 05:19 AM.
Aaron Jones Sr. is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony Alpha and NEX Camera Systems > Sony NEX-EA50 (all variants)