Jvc:) at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony Alpha and NEX Camera Systems > Sony NEX-EA50 (all variants)

Sony NEX-EA50 (all variants)
Including NEX-EA50UH / EA50EH / EA50H / EA50UK / EA50EK / EA50K

Old March 18th, 2015, 06:22 PM   #1
Trustee

Jvc:)

So I did some work today at a old TV studio I used to work at, they just got some of the new JVCs they are using as studio cameras. I forgot how much I liked the feel of that camera the new ones are pretty good in low light too. Its too bad they dont have the cinema feel my brides want:) I actually think im going to buy another NEX 50 soon to put together a 4th kit. We are booking pretty good this year.
Randy Johnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 19th, 2015, 02:19 PM   #2
Regular Crew

Re: Jvc:)

Looks like JVC is on the ball, the GY-LS300 4K has a whole lot to offer but is twice the cost of the EA50 and for that I think I would need a little more... like a detachable control grip and slow-motion in 1080 (because I shoot sports might not matter for other work)

Anyway, dig the JVC but more interested in what Sony will do in the new EA50 type camera. Really need a detachable control grim (ala FS7) and some decent slow motion.... oh and internal 4k would be really nice
Ray Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 20th, 2015, 07:47 PM   #3
Trustee

Its so cute on there, seriously it looks nice.
Randy Johnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 20th, 2015, 10:40 PM   #4
Inner Circle

Hi Randy

If you get another EA-50 for your 4th set, we would appreciate if you could tell us if you feel the new sensor is better with sensitivity and also aliasing?? It's supposed to be a different sensor cos the low lux rating with the slower F4 lens is way better on the specs than the older model

Chris
Chris Harding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 21st, 2015, 07:45 AM   #5
Trustee

Chris,
Are you sure its a new sensor?the impression I got was its the same camera we have except they bundle a 17-105 at f4 vs the 17-200
Randy Johnson is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony Alpha and NEX Camera Systems > Sony NEX-EA50 (all variants)