Field Repair at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony Alpha and NEX Camera Systems > Sony NEX-EA50 (all variants)

Sony NEX-EA50 (all variants)
Including NEX-EA50UH / EA50EH / EA50H / EA50UK / EA50EK / EA50K

Old April 24th, 2015, 10:11 PM   #1
Trustee

Field Repair

I just came back from a rough shoot, I was shooting a wedding outdoors in heavy wind. My camera blew over! The tripod thread got ripped out, that looked like the only damage but I was kinda screwed(no pun intended) I noticed the ones in the shoulder mount were the same so during cocktail hour I pulled the ones from the shoulder mount and put them in the underside of the camera. Problem solved, now I just need a part number for the broken ones so I can replace the ones in the shoulder mount. Just thought id share.
Randy Johnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 24th, 2015, 11:08 PM   #2
Inner Circle

Re: Field Repair

Thanks Randy!

Does your QR plate need both threaded plates?? I only use one ? I use the shoulder mount threads for a little bracket that holds the radio receiver so I guess I could survive with one screw in that too. I wonder if Sony would have spare threads ? If not it wouldn't be too difficult to make one yourself it's only a square plate with 4 holes and then a centre 1/4" threaded hole but one might need to epoxy an extra plate under so you have a good amount of thread. Hopefully you will be able to get 2 ready made plates from Sony but be careful the price might be massive!!

Chris
Chris Harding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 25th, 2015, 08:18 AM   #3
Trustee

Re: Field Repair

Im sure Sony sells it as a part thats why it has screws that make it removable instead of having to replace the whole shell in this case. The only thing to be careful of if your swapping them like me. The shoulder has 4 plastic screw mounts where the chassis has a thin metal plate with the screw mounts I was about to rip out the metal plate because I thought it was part of the broken part Near miss:)
Randy Johnson is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony Alpha and NEX Camera Systems > Sony NEX-EA50 (all variants)