DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Sony NXCAM / AVCHD Camcorders (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/sony-nxcam-avchd-camcorders/)
-   -   Slow Motion Record (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/sony-nxcam-avchd-camcorders/473510-slow-motion-record.html)

Benny Ek February 24th, 2010 11:15 AM

Slow Motion Record

I'm having alot of fun with the Smooth Slow Motion Record Function on this camera. I have the ability to record 3,6, or 12 sec Super High frame rate clips at FULL HD resolution. I haven't played with one this good yet. It may come in handy in a few real life situations and not just fun tests. I'll post some samples up later.

Walter Jones February 24th, 2010 06:00 PM

Good to hear. That was one of the features I most wanted to hear about as I contemplate purchasing this camera. Is there just one overcrank speed? So if you record the full 12 seconds, how long does the clip play when you view in slow motion?

Richard Lacey February 25th, 2010 08:27 AM

Sony aren't too good at promoting the features of their cameras.
I heard the slow motion mode mentioned only once so I thought I'd imagined it.
It wasn't even clear for a while that the NX5 had SD slots!

Benny Ek February 25th, 2010 04:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Walter Jones (Post 1490578)
Good to hear. That was one of the features I most wanted to hear about as I contemplate purchasing this camera. Is there just one overcrank speed? So if you record the full 12 seconds, how long does the clip play when you view in slow motion?

From What I can see, when you record the 12 second interval on the smooth slow record, your clip once imported ends up being 48 seconds. I am uploading a few clips soon with soe samples.

Tom Hardwick February 26th, 2010 03:33 PM

Slo-mo is recorded mute, right?

Victor Wilcox February 26th, 2010 06:58 PM

Correct. Slo-mo is mute.

Chuck Fishbein February 26th, 2010 10:49 PM

slo mo

Where is the smooth slow on the NX5U? I'm not seeing it in the menu.
Where should I be looking? Thanks

Benny Ek February 26th, 2010 11:15 PM

Slow Motion is found in MODE---CAMERA----SLOW MOTION REC-----Choose Storage type-----Choose 3,6, or 12 sec lengths. Done

Note. The Slow Motion record feature will only work in 1080 60i mode or I assume SD 60i as well.
It IS buried pretty deep if you ask me. Maybe I'll assihn it a button if it's possible.

John Brinks March 3rd, 2010 10:54 PM

Can someone please post clips of the super slow-mo v. normal mode... i want to make sure that the slo-mo is truly full res before i buy one!

Benny Ek March 5th, 2010 10:53 AM

I have some footage I am exporting now. I'll post them with the next few hours.

Benny Ek March 5th, 2010 01:00 PM

Slomo-Mo Sample

Filmed at 1080 Smooth Slow Motion mode at 3 second option.
ends up being 120fps when recorded.

Nothing altered, just clips assembled and a music track thrown down. Tested with my new Home built 3' Slider at the Mission in San Juan Capistrano , Ca

Michael Rees March 5th, 2010 05:47 PM

It doesent even look like it degrades quality.

Benny Ek March 5th, 2010 09:11 PM

Not too much. I CAN tell the difference when it is viewed on an HDTV but pretty good. The 6 and 12 second options degrade the video more.

Ladd Bodem March 6th, 2010 05:14 AM

The slider worked great. How did you build it?

Benny Ek March 6th, 2010 11:13 AM

Here is where I got the guide for the DIY Slider. Costs about $180 after all parts and workes great.

DIY IndieSlider... - DVXuser.com -- The online community for filmmaking