Post-Production Using AVCHD Files? - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony NXCAM / AVCHD Camcorders

Sony NXCAM / AVCHD Camcorders
Sony HXR-NX100, HXR-NX70, NX30, NX5, NX3/1, HXR-MC2500, HDR-AX2000, etc.

Old March 16th, 2010, 07:38 PM   #16
New Boot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Von Lanken View Post
Hi Perrone,

Please pardon my ignorance but since I can edit AVCHD natively in Edius, why would I want to spend the time and use the additional hard drive space required to transcode the footage?

I never said that AVCHD was designed to be an edited format, I said the difference in the last year is that Edius will edit AVCHD where as a year ago it could not. That is a huge difference for me.
I think that I have too found a solution(-: I have been using Adobe Premiere (currently using CS3) for years and now Adobe CS5 is projected to launch in April 2010. I just watch saw a sneak preview of Premiere CS5 and the native support of AVCHD files. Check out this link Adobe Premiere Pro CS5 – Mercury Playback Engine Sneak Peek | Adobe CS5

By the way, this is for PC usage; however, I hope that I will get the same effect for the MAC side.
Travis Rattley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 16th, 2010, 07:41 PM   #17
Inner Circle

With the specs for the Mercury engine, it should be able to play 4k h.264 files on the timeline!!

One of my machines meets the spec, but that's a heck of a machine they are asking for to be compliant. Even more than Avid is asking for.
Old March 16th, 2010, 09:06 PM   #18
Inner Circle

Edius Neo plays native now just with software and the same booster technology will be in Edius 5.5 next month. Agreed, prefered machine is an i7 quad core but nothing like the spec for Mercury engine!!

Ron Evans
Ron Evans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 17th, 2010, 05:11 AM   #19
Trustee

I think I better stick with my Z5...

Stelios

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony NXCAM / AVCHD Camcorders