Recommended cards for NX5? - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony NXCAM / AVCHD Camcorders

Sony NXCAM / AVCHD Camcorders
Sony HXR-NX100, HXR-NX70, NX30, NX5, NX3/1, HXR-MC2500, HDR-AX2000, etc.

Old March 28th, 2010, 07:55 PM   #16
Inner Circle

I have been using a Patriot 32G class 10 card with the FMU since I got my NX5U several weeks ago with no problems. The only long recording was of a two act play with Act 1 about 1 hour and Act 2 47 mins. No problems. Recording was 1080i at max rate with LPCM audio. I have kept recording each day with varying lengths to see if I have the problem that people report but so far nothing. I am careful to wait for the activity lights to go off before switching off power. The SD card activity light lakes a lot longer than the FMU activity light to go off.

Ron Evans
Ron Evans is online now   Reply With Quote
Old March 29th, 2010, 11:46 PM   #17
New Boot

Have you tried editing that footage in FCP yet?

I was hearing problems that there were problems trying to log and capture long recording times, actually I was doing a time lapse video and it never imported properly in FCP.

I was told to switch the audio to Dolby and turn the GPS off and it would be fine but I never had a chance to try it, so I was wondering with your (1 hour) Act 1 footage how did you fair with editing?
Fred Davis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 30th, 2010, 01:46 AM   #18
Regular Crew

See my comments on this http://www.dvinfo.net/forum/sony-nxc...ml#post1507439 thread.

Last edited by Daniel Paquin; March 30th, 2010 at 04:14 AM.
Daniel Paquin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 30th, 2010, 07:09 AM   #19
Inner Circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred Davis View Post
Have you tried editing that footage in FCP yet?

I was hearing problems that there were problems trying to log and capture long recording times, actually I was doing a time lapse video and it never imported properly in FCP.

I was told to switch the audio to Dolby and turn the GPS off and it would be fine but I never had a chance to try it, so I was wondering with your (1 hour) Act 1 footage how did you fair with editing?
Hi Fred
I edit on a PC with Edius or Vegas so do not know what FCP would be like but the posts from Daniel would be more useful for you. I tranfer to PC with the supplied Content Management software then either edit native in Vegas or at the moment convert to Canopus HQ for editing in Edius. Edius 5.5 will come out at NAB with full native playback support in multicam just like Edius Neo. Transfer of the 1 hour and 45 min show took 9 mins from the FMU and conversion took 45 mins. File sizes for Canopus HQ are much like ProRes since they do much the same in changing from a GOP format to single frame encode.

Ron Evans
Ron Evans is online now   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony NXCAM / AVCHD Camcorders