Any Issues w/Transend SDHC Class 6 mem cards? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony NXCAM / AVCHD Camcorders

Sony NXCAM / AVCHD Camcorders
Sony HXR-NX100, HXR-NX70, NX30, NX5, NX3/1, HXR-MC2500, HDR-AX2000, etc.

Old June 3rd, 2010, 08:52 AM   #1
Regular Crew

Any Issues w/Transend SDHC Class 6 mem cards?

Amazon has these for about $40 each at

Anybody used them or heard of any issues?

Thanks for any help.
Francis Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 3rd, 2010, 11:13 AM   #2
Regular Crew

I have two of these that I've been using regularly with my NX5U (and before that with my Canon HF100). Going on more than a year with one of them. No problems whatsoever. Remains one of the better deals out there for a class 6 card. There's a deal that includes a reader for 40 bucks or so. I think newegg has quite a few reviews on this card and most of them are positive.

I've never looked into this but people are always saying there are only a few manufacturers of SDHC cards out there and companies just rebrand them. One thing is for sure, brands like SanDisk charge waaaay too much for some of their high end cards.
Matt Lawrence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 3rd, 2010, 11:47 AM   #3
Regular Crew

Thanks Matt.

I'll check out the reviews on newegg and probably go ahead and order a pair of them today.
Francis Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 9th, 2010, 03:25 AM   #4
Inner Circle

I'll back Matt's reply and say my class 6 Transcend cards seem to be the deal of the moment, work flawlessly in the NX5, and Amazon's hit the best price point.

And just to say that you can get three 16gb cards for the price of one 32gb card. With the NX5's automatic switch-over between cards and the hot-swappable ability, it's the way to go.
Tom Hardwick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 9th, 2010, 03:34 AM   #5
Regular Crew

Bought a Transend the other day but am going to buy a few Kingston 32g Class 10's as my primary cards until I'm confident with the Transends after a few shoots.
Matt Shefford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 12th, 2010, 05:02 AM   #6
Major Player

Hey guys, try the new Transcend 16gb class 10, only a couple of £/$ more than class 6. Just purchased a couple for my EX1, no problems at all. I have used Transcend class 6 cards for over 12 months in both an EX1 and more lately a Canon 550D, would not dream of using anything else.
Old June 16th, 2010, 03:51 PM   #7
Regular Crew

Trancend 32GB Class 6 for my NX5 - Great for me so far

A few weeks back I bought my NX5 from Armato's in New York, and with it got the Transcend 32 GB Class 6 at their recommendation. In the time since the combo has worked flawlessly. With gigs approaching, I got a second identical card, this time from B&H at about $95. For $5 more they sell it with a simple reader but were out of stock in that one.

I have a Canon HF10, which also uses a 32 GB SDHC, and for that one I got a Kingston Class 4. It has also worked flawlessly, but it was recommended that I go class 6 or higher for the NX5.
Mark Goldberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 21st, 2010, 02:13 PM   #8
Sponsor: TapeWorks Texas

Tapeworks has been selling the Transcend Class 10 SDHC cards to all of our customer's purchasing the NXCAM and they have been working great!
We do have them in stock for only $59.00 each
You can order online via Transcend TS16GSDHC10 16GB SDHC Class 10

Contact Tapeworks Texas Inc toll free 866-827-3489 for additional information or assistance.

Best Regards,
Scott Cantrell
Tapeworks Texas Inc - DVinfo Sponser
tapeworksscott@sbcglobal.net
Scott Cantrell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 21st, 2010, 09:25 PM   #9
Regular Crew

I believe the NX5 will work with class 4 cards, and I've read that there's a tradeoff with the higher-speed cards (less write cycles / reliability).
John Meeks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 24th, 2010, 12:38 PM   #10
Sponsor: TapeWorks Texas

Here is a neat Transcend TSRDP7K USB Flash Memory Card Reader & Hub that Tapeworks is now selling for only $16.99!
Transcend TSRDP7K USB Flash Memory Card Reader & Hub
Scott Cantrell is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony NXCAM / AVCHD Camcorders