New HDR AX2000 on the way at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony NXCAM / AVCHD Camcorders
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony NXCAM / AVCHD Camcorders
Sony HXR-NX100, HXR-NX70, NX30, NX5, NX3/1, HXR-MC2500, HDR-AX2000, etc.

Old July 2nd, 2010, 01:36 PM   #1
Regular Crew

New HDR AX2000 on the way

Just placed an order for the new Sony AX2000, will arrive Wednesday the 7th of july...Moving up from my current HG21, and HG10...I feel this cam will help me expand my in the field....Hopefully I made a wise choice....any current owners feel free to chime in on your impressions thus far....

Last edited by David Wayne Groves; July 2nd, 2010 at 04:23 PM.
David Wayne Groves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 5th, 2010, 02:10 PM   #2
Major Player

Just to let you know, I had my heart set on the NX5U, but finances (even that "small" $500.00 bump) won't allow it. I bought the AX2000 about two weeks ago. Let me tell you, I haven't missed (nor have I found a use for) the GPS, 720p recording capability, or the PCM audio! Just in my very short time, I've had a GREAT time with the cam! When I got it, I hooked up my 7" JAG35 HDMI monitor, Varizoom controller (via LANC), and everything worked like a charm! I've upgraded from a Sony PD-170, so all of the accessories for that cam (except the WA lens) work/fit perfectly.

Enjoy it when it arrives and post here your views and thought of how you like/dislike your choice! Hopefully, you'll be as pleased as I am!

Cheers!
Bob Krieger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 5th, 2010, 07:39 PM   #3
Regular Crew

Thanks for the reply, I will give my impressions as soon as it arrives...I purchased a higher performance battery as well as a 32Gig Class 6 SDHC card to go with my other 32Gig card that I use in the HG21, I also purchased a
Spiderbrace 2 http://www.spiderbrace.com/ for better handling down the road, I already own a Glidecam Pro 2000 which will work great with the AX2000 .....I have a Rode Stereo Mic(Not the Mono mic) so I ordered the Rode adapter that will allow me to hook it into the XLR connection on the cam if I so choose....
David Wayne Groves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 8th, 2010, 12:04 PM   #4
Regular Crew

My Cam arrived VIA Fed Ex in perfect condition, All I can say is Wow!!!! She makes my HG21 and HG10 look like toys in comparison..My coworkers were drooling.....Been going over the manual all evening..I will be testing it out at the Embasy Suites Ball room this weekend recording my co-workers Big band Group, I will offer some demo footage which could pan out into a paying Gig for later performances.....should be fun.....Thus far the AX2000 is simply a dream to hold and operate....

Specs Sony AX2000
2-32Gig Verbatim SDHC cards
Spiderbrace 2 shoulder rest
Glidecam 2000 Pro
Sony 970 Battery
Rode Stereo Mic
Proline Fluid Head Tripod
Bescor Motorized Pan Head
1-Canon HG10, 1-Canon HG21 AVCHD Cams
David Wayne Groves is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony NXCAM / AVCHD Camcorders