NX5U G lens "Interchangable"? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony NXCAM / AVCHD Camcorders
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony NXCAM / AVCHD Camcorders
Sony HXR-NX100, HXR-NX70, NX30, NX5, NX3/1, HXR-MC2500, HDR-AX2000, etc.

Old July 20th, 2010, 05:50 PM   #1
New Boot

NX5U G lens "Interchangable"?

Hey everyone I'm having this small issue when deciding to buy this camera. Just as the title states, can the lens on the NX5U be interchangable with other lenses? if not, is there any adapters that anyone that owns this camera have used to get other lenses attached to it? Also, is there any major cons that the camera have such as rolling shutter for example (which i highly doubt, but you never know) or something that daunting. Again, those are my to concerns and once those are settled I will decide either to buy it or not. Also, can anyone post experiences as far as good workflow or something strange happened that embarassed you in front of your client.

Thank You in advance.
Jesus Garcia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 20th, 2010, 05:58 PM   #2
Regular Crew

This camera does have a "rolling shutter", as do all camera's with CMOS sensors. Its not that bad though unless your shooting a ton of still camera flashes. The Lens is not removable.

Ben
Ben Moore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 20th, 2010, 06:07 PM   #3
New Boot

Thanks ben for the quick reply. Is there any way to attach a lens on the camera?
Jesus Garcia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 21st, 2010, 01:01 AM   #4
Regular Crew

lenses

You can put lens attachments like these Lens Attachments (only 72 mm). If you want to work with DSLR lenses then you have to buy an DOF adapter.
Cristian Adrian Olariu is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony NXCAM / AVCHD Camcorders