File Names on SD Cards at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony NXCAM / AVCHD Camcorders
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony NXCAM / AVCHD Camcorders
Sony HXR-NX100, HXR-NX70, NX30, NX5, NX3/1, HXR-MC2500, HDR-AX2000, etc.

Old July 29th, 2010, 09:54 AM   #1
Regular Crew

File Names on SD Cards

Does anyone know of a way to get the files names to not reset every time I put a new card in the camera, there are times I end up switching them in and out during an event and it would be nice if I can start the event with file #1 and it just keeps going no matter what card is in?

Thanks

Ryan
Ryan Mason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 31st, 2010, 05:22 AM   #2
Regular Crew

You should use Content Management Utility to transfer the files on your computer, not to copy them manually.
Cristian Adrian Olariu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 31st, 2010, 07:03 AM   #3
Regular Crew

Hello Ryan,

I am not sure what you are trying to do. Could you give some examples?

I do film special events and I am able to control, to some extent, what the filename should prior starting to film an event. This is done without using the software provided when buying the camera.

In your message you've written "files names to not reset every time". Mine do not reset, all numbers increase sequentially from one card to another. With the exception of FMU and the card located in B. A and B are controllable, not sure about FMU.
Old August 1st, 2010, 08:41 AM   #4
Regular Crew

As Cristian mentioned, you should be using Content Management Utility to transfer the files to your computer. It's the only way to access the GPS data and all of the clip metadata that the camera gathers, and it also names your files differently (by date - with year, month, day, and time to the nearest second).

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony NXCAM / AVCHD Camcorders