DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Sony NXCAM / AVCHD Camcorders (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/sony-nxcam-avchd-camcorders/)
-   -   NXCAM Guide/Training DVD's? (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/sony-nxcam-avchd-camcorders/483285-nxcam-guide-training-dvds.html)

Chris Adeyefa August 12th, 2010 01:49 PM

NXCAM Guide/Training DVD's?

Does anyone know if there are any Training Guides or Manual's (asside from the Factory Manual) that are specifically targeted at the NX5U? I know that it is a relatively new camcorder as it was just released but i figured after more than half a year there would be a 3rd party company to release one. Perhaps there isn't a Book or Manual but maybe someone knows of a DVD that specifically teaches how to use the NX5U at an Advanced level. (Eg. Techniques, Settings, picture profiles, shutter, gain etc.)

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks in advance

John McManimie September 11th, 2010 01:39 PM

There is a new Vasst DVD: Inside the Sony HXR-NX5 Camcorder by Douglas Spotted Eagle now available ($69.00 at VASST right now --- also available at B&H).

Chris Adeyefa September 11th, 2010 05:36 PM

thanks alot i've just placed my order :) I recommend purchasing it from Ebay there is an authorised dealer selling them for 59$ which is 10$ cheaper then Vaast or B&H

Alan Yu September 14th, 2010 01:20 PM

Is this video any good, or does it just go over the basics for any modern sony camdorder?

Victor Wilcox September 21st, 2010 09:05 AM

I just order "VASST - Inside the Sony HXR-NX5 camcorder" so I'll post comments after I've viewed the contents.

I also have "VASST - Inside the Sony V1/FX7". It was a good jump start with useful recommendations on camcorder/profile settings. It covered just about every setting and menu option available on the camcorder.

Conrad Kramer October 12th, 2010 02:59 AM

Any news on the VASST DVD?

Chris Adeyefa October 12th, 2010 06:20 AM

Received my Vaast DVD a few weeks ago. To be honest i was expecting alot more fromt the training dvd. It was mainly a basic overview of the factory operators manual put into words. The dvd takes you through all of the menus within the NXCAM so if you are unfamiliar with them this dvd will suit u well. For the more experienced users i dont find this dvd is worth 75$ given the fact that its doesnt do much other then read the operaters manual to you and gives you visual representation of the menus. Some good info on Peaking and some of the other features eg. Picture Profiles but all in all this dvd is very Basic geared towards beginners IMO.

Victor Wilcox October 12th, 2010 07:27 AM

I agree. That about sums it up. It did help me with some of the features and options I've never had before, but it was a little expensive.

And if figures, I haven't bought an NX5U yet, and now B&H is including the VASST DVD with the camcorder. Hope I can sell the extra one on eBay.

Chris Sgaraglino May 12th, 2011 08:11 PM

Re: NXCAM Guide/Training DVD's?

Do you still have a DVD you need to sell?

Victor Wilcox May 13th, 2011 10:55 AM

Re: NXCAM Guide/Training DVD's?

Chris,

I sent a reply by email.