NXCAM Guide/Training DVD's? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony NXCAM / AVCHD Camcorders
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony NXCAM / AVCHD Camcorders
Sony HXR-NX100, HXR-NX70, NX30, NX5, NX3/1, HXR-MC2500, HDR-AX2000, etc.

Old August 12th, 2010, 01:49 PM   #1
Regular Crew

NXCAM Guide/Training DVD's?

Does anyone know if there are any Training Guides or Manual's (asside from the Factory Manual) that are specifically targeted at the NX5U? I know that it is a relatively new camcorder as it was just released but i figured after more than half a year there would be a 3rd party company to release one. Perhaps there isn't a Book or Manual but maybe someone knows of a DVD that specifically teaches how to use the NX5U at an Advanced level. (Eg. Techniques, Settings, picture profiles, shutter, gain etc.)

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks in advance
Chris Adeyefa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 11th, 2010, 01:39 PM   #2
Major Player

There is a new Vasst DVD: Inside the Sony HXR-NX5 Camcorder by Douglas Spotted Eagle now available ($69.00 at VASST right now --- also available at B&H).
John McManimie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 11th, 2010, 05:36 PM   #3
Regular Crew

thanks alot i've just placed my order :) I recommend purchasing it from Ebay there is an authorised dealer selling them for 59$ which is 10$ cheaper then Vaast or B&H
Old September 14th, 2010, 01:20 PM   #4
New Boot

Is this video any good, or does it just go over the basics for any modern sony camdorder?
Alan Yu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 21st, 2010, 09:05 AM   #5
Major Player

I just order "VASST - Inside the Sony HXR-NX5 camcorder" so I'll post comments after I've viewed the contents.

I also have "VASST - Inside the Sony V1/FX7". It was a good jump start with useful recommendations on camcorder/profile settings. It covered just about every setting and menu option available on the camcorder.
Old October 12th, 2010, 02:59 AM   #6
New Boot

Any news on the VASST DVD?
Conrad Kramer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 12th, 2010, 06:20 AM   #7
Regular Crew

Received my Vaast DVD a few weeks ago. To be honest i was expecting alot more fromt the training dvd. It was mainly a basic overview of the factory operators manual put into words. The dvd takes you through all of the menus within the NXCAM so if you are unfamiliar with them this dvd will suit u well. For the more experienced users i dont find this dvd is worth 75$ given the fact that its doesnt do much other then read the operaters manual to you and gives you visual representation of the menus. Some good info on Peaking and some of the other features eg. Picture Profiles but all in all this dvd is very Basic geared towards beginners IMO.
Old October 12th, 2010, 07:27 AM   #8
Major Player

I agree. That about sums it up. It did help me with some of the features and options I've never had before, but it was a little expensive.

And if figures, I haven't bought an NX5U yet, and now B&H is including the VASST DVD with the camcorder. Hope I can sell the extra one on eBay.
Old May 12th, 2011, 08:11 PM   #9
Major Player

Re: NXCAM Guide/Training DVD's?

Do you still have a DVD you need to sell?
Old May 13th, 2011, 10:55 AM   #10
Major Player

Re: NXCAM Guide/Training DVD's?

Chris,

I sent a reply by email.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony NXCAM / AVCHD Camcorders