48 Hour Film Project at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony NXCAM / AVCHD Camcorders
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony NXCAM / AVCHD Camcorders
Sony HXR-NX100, HXR-NX70, NX30, NX5, NX3/1, HXR-MC2500, HDR-AX2000, etc.

Old August 13th, 2010, 03:29 PM   #1
Major Player

48 Hour Film Project

In a few hours I will be receiving my Genre, line of dialogue, character, and prop to begin this weekends event. I'll be trying out my new AX2000 for the first time and editing on Premiere CS5. I've done some tests with the cam and editing machine and things look good. I'm actually hoping my AVCHD workflow, i.e., shoot on multiple cards, send full cards to machine for ingest and basically edit without transcoding, will save me time and effort. I don't anticipate editing a lot of layers, but I haven't written the script yet either!

I think, "hope", this cam will actually save me time and effort. Ingesting an hour of AVCHD takes less than half the time of importing the same footage shot on HDV. Wish me luck!
Bob Krieger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 14th, 2010, 05:47 AM   #2
Regular Crew

looks like you will need it! Good luck!!!
Olakunle Olanrewaju is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 14th, 2010, 08:33 PM   #3
Trustee

My team did the 48Hour thing last weekend (in Portland, Oregon). They shot on my twin Sony NX5s and we imported clips right from the SDHC cards and edited on Adobe Premiere Pro 1.5 Worked great.
Richard Crowley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 16th, 2010, 08:04 PM   #4
Major Player

Nine Lives

See the video in the samples area.

We shot on the AX2000, used available lighting, shot around customers coming through the shop and displays, had to deal with air conditioning hum and water fountains in the coffee shop, but still were able to finish on time. Editing was done on a scratch built i7 Windows 7 Pro (64 bit) machine with 12 GB RAM, Adobe CS5, and a lot of luck. Let me tell you, editing the AVCHD footage went very smoothly. I was worried when I saw we had almost 3 hours of raw footage to edit down to below 7 minutes for a final product! The AVCHD footage copied from the SDHC cards in under 15 minutes, was immediately recognized and available to Premiere CS5, and edited without a hitch. The footage looked blocky and grainy on playback from the timeline, but the rendered sequences were very nice! We shot on the highest quality 1080p30 but had to deliver on SD DVD. It helps when a plan comes together!
Bob Krieger is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony NXCAM / AVCHD Camcorders