Any new firmware upgrades since 2.0? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony NXCAM / AVCHD Camcorders

Sony NXCAM / AVCHD Camcorders
Sony HXR-NX100, HXR-NX70, NX30, NX5, NX3/1, HXR-MC2500, HDR-AX2000, etc.

Old October 13th, 2010, 08:31 AM   #1
Regular Crew

Any new firmware upgrades since 2.0?

We got our NX5 about the time the 2.0 firmware upgrade came out but then had to set the cam aside for another project.

Now we are back and ready to start with the NX5 again... but first...

Any new firmware upgrades since 2.0?

Thanks for any help.

PS - I had this question buried in a general post and got no response... then thought it may be better to directly ask the question... thus this post. Thanks again.
Francis Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 13th, 2010, 10:27 AM   #2
Regular Crew

Francis:

Among the latest downloads, the Pro Sony micro-NXCAM site lists only the firmware version 2.0 and CMU version 1.1 updates.

Last edited by Arkady Bolotin; October 13th, 2010 at 11:50 AM.
Arkady Bolotin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 13th, 2010, 05:13 PM   #3
New Boot

Has anyone that recently purchased an NXCAM seen v3.0?

I tried the update to v2.0 and it came back with a message indicating that there is newer firmware already installed, v3.0......

does this mean there was another update?
Daniel Zenzel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 19th, 2010, 07:06 PM   #4
Regular Crew

Haven't heard anything about v3.0 yet, but it sounds pretty interesting. I'm still on v1.0 because v2.0 was never released for the NX5P/E series.
Old October 25th, 2010, 03:56 AM   #5
New Boot

Felix;
Although being in Europe, I have the NX5P version of the camera (bought for the reason that I could save nearly £1000 from the cost of the NX5E as it doesn't come with the non-optional Sony extended warranty that the NX5E has).

It arrived the same week as the firmware 2.0 update became available from the Sony Europe website, and one of the first things I did was upgrade the firmware. It worked just fine on my NX5P as the cameras are effectively identical, it's just the region that it was intended to be sold in that provokes the name change.

So from my experience, as long as you can get a hold of the 2.0 firmware update, you will have no problem updating the NX5P or E from it.
Krystian Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 25th, 2010, 07:41 AM   #6
Regular Crew

Good to know, I was just worried because the Sony website mentions the firmware upgrade is specifically for the NX5U, and seeing as the frame rates are different I didn't want to take the chance. Does 2.0 change anything other than the Buffer Overflow error? I don't have an FMU so it's a non-issue for me. I heard somewhere that they improved the AF slightly as well?
Old October 26th, 2010, 09:42 AM   #7
Regular Crew

There is any firmware update for AX2000, the domestic version of the NX5?
Mikel Arturo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 28th, 2010, 04:16 AM   #8
Regular Crew

Nope, no updates.

All the updates issued by Sony so far are addressing one and the same issue affecting the use of the NX5U camcorder in conjunction with the optional HXR-FMU128 flash memory unit (“A Buffer Overflow” message). Since the AX2000 camcorder (a domestic breed of the NX5U, as your elegantly put) cannot record onto that unit, the “A Buffer Overflow” issue has no effect on the AX2000.
Arkady Bolotin is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony NXCAM / AVCHD Camcorders