How to change import destination disk & folder? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony NXCAM / AVCHD Camcorders

Sony NXCAM / AVCHD Camcorders
Sony HXR-NX100, HXR-NX70, NX30, NX5, NX3/1, HXR-MC2500, HDR-AX2000, etc.

Old December 19th, 2010, 05:09 PM   #1
Regular Crew

How to change import destination disk & folder?

I just installed the Content Management Utility (CMU) on a new Windows 7 machine.

The CMU defaulted to import video from the cam to a folder on the C: drive.

I want to set the default import to a folder on drive K:

I can create new folders on C.

I tried using the Register New Folder icon at the top left of the CMU screen & I can navigate that to drive K: but it won't let me register the whole drive and it won't let me create a folder there... and I'm not sure "regestering" a new folder will make that the default import folder.

My Questions:

1 - How can I tell the CMU which disk & folder I want it to import new video into?

2 - And, it changes on each project... must I import to one folder ten copy to my final destination drive & folder?

Thanks for any help.
Francis Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 19th, 2010, 09:17 PM   #2
Inner Circle

Create the directory/folder that you want to transfer files to in explorer. In Content Management Utility from the options menu select folders, add, browse and select the folder you created and click apply. It will be added to the list of available location to store file in.When you connect your NX5U or the FMU128 and wish to transfer files, at the bottom of the window there will show the capture directory, browse for the folder you created/added to the list and select. Then import. You can do this every time so that you can create new locations each time on any drive you wish.

Not well described in the help files and a lot more complicated than the consumer Motion Browser Software.

Not at my editing computer at the moment so hope I got the directions correct !!!

Ron Evans

edit: Now that I have checked. Correct instructions are, Tools>settings>viewed folders then add to add the directory/folder that you have created. The any of these directories can become the "Location for Imported Media Files" You can remove any file in this list as long as it is not the currently selected location for importing files.

Last edited by Ron Evans; December 20th, 2010 at 11:04 AM.
Ron Evans is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony NXCAM / AVCHD Camcorders