NX5U Viewfinder Issue at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony NXCAM / AVCHD Camcorders

Sony NXCAM / AVCHD Camcorders
Sony HXR-NX100, HXR-NX70, NX30, NX5, NX3/1, HXR-MC2500, HDR-AX2000, etc.

Old March 6th, 2011, 05:07 PM   #1
Tourist

NX5U Viewfinder Issue

Hello all,

I've had my Sony NX5U for just under a year now. I love the camera and im very happy with it. However, I recently noticed that the viewfinder seems to have a sort of distorted, fuzzy line going horizontally across it. I rarely use the VF so i just noticed it. I tried taking the eyepiece off and cleaning it, thinking that it could have been a hair or something and it still hasnt gone away.

Has anyone else encountered this problem or has some suggestions on what is causing it?

Thanks,
Andrew
Andrew Dom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 13th, 2011, 03:31 AM   #2
New Boot

Re: NX5U Viewfinder Issue

yes i also have this problem its in the bottom 3rd. i tried cleaning aswell but it didnt work. any info on how to fix it would be great.
Timmy Wright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 13th, 2011, 11:03 PM   #3
Regular Crew

Well, just to state the obvious...this is not normal behavior for the VF. Have you tried adjusting the VF lens adjustment lever to see if that makes a difference? If not, my guess is that this is something that the end user cant just fix or adjust on their own.

Andrew, you mention that you have had the camera for just under a year, I would strongly suggest contacting Sony support before your 12 month warrenty expires (hopefully it hasn't already) and see how they tell you to proceed. Good Luck!
Michael Bray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 14th, 2011, 09:36 PM   #4
Tourist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmy Wright View Post
yes i also have this problem its in the bottom 3rd. i tried cleaning aswell but it didnt work. any info on how to fix it would be great.
Yeah its in the bottom 3rd of my camera as well. I'm going to contact Sony and see what they tell me. I'll let you guys know what happens
Andrew Dom is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony NXCAM / AVCHD Camcorders