Is there any way to mound this W/A adapter to the NX5? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony NXCAM / AVCHD Camcorders
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony NXCAM / AVCHD Camcorders
Sony HXR-NX100, HXR-NX70, NX30, NX5, NX3/1, HXR-MC2500, HDR-AX2000, etc.

Old April 21st, 2011, 12:28 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Is there any way to mound this W/A adapter to the NX5?

I made a mistake and ordered the wrong Century Precision Optics 0.6x Wide Angle Adapter Lens for my NX5.

Insteed of placing the order for the correct adapter I bought the same item but for the Panasonic 150/170!

I would like to return it back but will cost me a lot money to pay twice the shipping to get the correct one..

is there is any way or is there is any adapter that can make this Century Precision Optics 0.6x Wide Angle Adapter Lens that is made for panasonic 150/170 to mount on my NX5?

thanks
Anthony Mozora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 21st, 2011, 02:27 PM   #2
Inner Circle

Re: Is there any way to mound this W/A adapter to the NX5?

By the time you put something together that may or may not work properly and hold the WA in place the way it is supposed to be without risk of damaging it or the prime lens, it is MHO you should simply return it while you still can, take the relatively small hit for the shipping and get the right lens. What the shipping would cost you is quite small in comparison to if you manage to cobble something together and the first time you use it, the WA falls off and get broken. Now you'd have nothing.

As I said before on another post about another topic, it only costs to much if it doesn't do the job.

Just the thoughts of one who has tried to be penny wise and would up being dollar foolish.
Old April 22nd, 2011, 02:01 AM   #3
Inner Circle

I'm with Don - return it and get the Century with the correct bayonet mount. I assume you ARE talking about the bayonet mount 0.6x, as both the HMC 150 and NX5 have 72 mm filter threads.

But then again, you do confuse me. There's a Sony 150/170 but you say Panasonic twice - maybe you mean you've bought the 58mm screw version? Or the VX/PD bayonet version? I'm having to guess because you haven't told us.

tom.
Tom Hardwick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 22nd, 2011, 02:45 AM   #4
Regular Crew

thank u for ur replies!

Tom
this is the one i bought
http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/588913-REG/Century_Precision_Optics_0HD_06WA_AG_0_6x_Wide_Angle_Adapter.html
and this is the one I should have bought
http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/577504-REG/Century_Precision_Optics_0HD_06WA_Z7U_0HD_06WA_Z7U_0_6x_Wide_Angle.html
the NX5 have 72mm thread , the panasonic 150/170 has 72mm thread as well but Century made different mount for each brand...(shame for Century) Opteka for example made 72mm thread adapters that works with any 72mm thread cameras...

anyway I have to return it back cause I dont have any other option , will cost me around 200usd to replace this item (icluding shipping and paying the international custom fees again in my country)
Old April 22nd, 2011, 01:21 PM   #5
Inner Circle

That's a big hit. Could you try and sell it as new in Cyprus?
Tom Hardwick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 22nd, 2011, 03:10 PM   #6
Regular Crew

well I will try to sell it here (or buy a panasonic 150! lol ) . the other option that I have is to contact the dealer in Greece and ask him if can exchange it with the correct one and pay any cost that will ask me.
Old April 23rd, 2011, 06:47 AM   #7
Inner Circle

Before you go through with the replacement hassle Anthony, hold the Century up to the front of your Sony and check out what you see. Be careful - the NX5's front element is vulnerable. Are you happy with the barrel distortion the lens gives you, the amount of zoom you can call upon? I know it sees very wide but that can be unusable if all the pillars of the cathedral bow and bend.
Tom Hardwick is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony NXCAM / AVCHD Camcorders