Camera Availability'' at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony NXCAM / AVCHD Camcorders
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony NXCAM / AVCHD Camcorders
Sony HXR-NX100, HXR-NX70, NX30, NX5, NX3/1, HXR-MC2500, HDR-AX2000, etc.

Old May 19th, 2011, 01:17 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Camera Availability''

Everywhere I shop be it Sony Style or BH photo, seems to not have the NX5 or AX2000 available for order..Is Sony having a supply issue with these cams or what...I am seriously looking into purchasing another cam to go along with my current AX2000 which I love...I am really leaning toward the NX5 and since I can get 2 years same as cash financing from sony style its a great time to buy..I just payed off my AX2000 using this method..But none are available at either place, and no restock date is being reported.....
David Wayne Groves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 19th, 2011, 01:23 PM   #2
Inner Circle

Re: Camera Availability''

There seems to be a supply shortage of many cameras built in Japan right now. If you use the Sony F3 as a guide I understand there won't be any more stock until late June or early July.

Obviously that is a sample size of 1 and isn't statistically significant but there a number of message threads on the forum here discussing the availability problem with many of the current batch of popular cameras on the market.

Its going to be a trying summer for many consumers hoping to have a new camera in their hands.
Old May 19th, 2011, 01:27 PM   #3
Regular Crew

Thanks, I hope they don't jack the prices up when they do arrive...I will probably get sony style to price match BH's current price difference, but I would hate to see the price jump when they do arrive...guess we will see...

Update just got off the phone with sony style, The AX2000 is available for order but will not ship till June 8th at the earliest..They also will price match BH photo on the NX5 when it becomes available around the same time...So I have my order in for the AX2000 as adviced but I can change it to the NX5 if I wish...Also the 2 year same as cash does not apply to the Video cams.(Rats) ....Oh well 1 year will do...

Last edited by David Wayne Groves; May 19th, 2011 at 02:34 PM.
Old May 19th, 2011, 03:00 PM   #4
Regular Crew

I have heard that the shortage is due to the quake in Japan. Sony's Factory's were damaged. in some cases Sony will be 6 months behind
Tom Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 22nd, 2011, 02:17 PM   #5
Regular Crew

They have now pushed the ship date to June 20th or later, and the NX5 will not be available till late july or early august if then, I am going to cancel my order and just wait for the NX5 to become available, then seek the lowest price for matching.
Its going to be a long summer.....
Old May 22nd, 2011, 10:31 PM   #6
Major Player

Adroama.com has them in stock. I just took ownership Of a NX5u on Friday, and they are still showing available tonight on their website, but I would give them a call before ordering.
Old May 23rd, 2011, 07:05 AM   #7
Regular Crew

I am still going to wait, I can get a pricematch cheaper from BH (3.995.00) so whenever they become available I will be doing the 1 year same as cash which is only available with my sony account...
Old June 3rd, 2011, 09:58 AM   #8
Sponsor: Omega Broadcast

Anyone currently looking for NX5U's - we've got them in stock.

New and some b-stock available right now.

Allan Barnwell
Omega Broadcast Group - Professional Video Sales, Rental & Services
Allan Barnwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 3rd, 2011, 07:29 PM   #9
Regular Crew

Anyone have any news on the AX2000 availability?
Old June 3rd, 2011, 08:51 PM   #10
Regular Crew

On the Sony Style website they are showing a ship date of June 29th on the AX2000.....
Old June 18th, 2011, 02:31 PM   #11
Regular Crew

the AX2000 is available now (at-least if your lucky enough to find one)

The other day i sold my old camera and got the money so i opened a Chat on B&H and asked the guy if he knew when the camera would be in..... i got a response Call now we have 3 in stock.......... ok i call it took me a minute to get the phone and go through all there menus. guy picks up the phone i explain to him i just chated with someone online.... guess what SOLD out. ok so i tired another store "abes of maine" none tried a third store "J&R Music/Computer World" they had 2 in stock so i quickly pulled the trigger and bought it. But now if you go on B&H they are listed as IN stock
Old June 20th, 2011, 03:01 PM   #12
Regular Crew

The AX2000 as well as the NX5U are now available at the Sony Style website, just got of the phone and ordered the NX5U, it will arrive Friday..Got a pricematch plus they gave me an additional discount so I paid $3,955.00 for the NX5U with free 3 day shipping......Will keep you posted as soon as it arrives....

Last edited by David Wayne Groves; June 20th, 2011 at 04:26 PM.
Old June 23rd, 2011, 06:38 PM   #13
Regular Crew

Just a quick update, my NX5U was delivered by FedEx today...I am now a official owner...I look forward to playing with my new toy...It will now be my main cam fitting in perfectly with my current AX2000 on my upcoming shoots.....

Current owned cams- 1-Sony NX5U , 1-Sony AX2000, 1-Canon HG21,1-Canon HG10
David Wayne Groves is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony NXCAM / AVCHD Camcorders