Editing on the MAC at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony NXCAM / AVCHD Camcorders
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony NXCAM / AVCHD Camcorders
Sony HXR-NX100, HXR-NX70, NX30, NX5, NX3/1, HXR-MC2500, HDR-AX2000, etc.

Old July 3rd, 2011, 07:41 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Editing on the MAC

What's the work flow for getting footage from this camera onto the mac? My final cut doesn't see it, and I've been using converter software which is taking long.
Silton Buendia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 4th, 2011, 02:55 AM   #2
Major Player

Re: Editing on the MAC

Convert to ProRes?
Old July 4th, 2011, 03:46 AM   #3
Inner Circle

Look to see if FCP X is a good fit for you. If it is, then check that it supports your camera and voila!

Otherwise, try out ClipWrap to transcode the AVCHD on the memory card to a QT file with Prores CODEC and leave the result on your hard disk. Medium quality Prores is fine. The files will be larger than the original and it takes longer than a straight copy off the card but editing is very snappy and rendering fast.
Les Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 4th, 2011, 09:59 AM   #4
Regular Crew

Thanks I'll look into that tried two other apps for conversion, one crashes, other has a weird bit rate quality setting on prorez which doesn't match the what the bitrates should be and conversion doesn't look to hot. A third app I demoed didn't have prorez as an option which was sad because this one looked the best of the bunch.

I'll try ClipWrap sounds promising
Old July 4th, 2011, 01:50 PM   #5
Regular Crew

Thanks I'll try it, looked it up and seems like it might work. I've been using 3 other converters with disappointment, one the Prorez settings are weird, the other crashes, and the 3 looked good but no ProRez. A little fustrating I hope this one works.

Silton
Old July 4th, 2011, 09:16 PM   #6
Regular Crew

Do you have FCP 7.0.3? This should recognize the camera in log and transfer...
Greg Penetrante is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony NXCAM / AVCHD Camcorders