the recording card file structure on my NX5U has changed... at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony NXCAM / AVCHD Camcorders

Sony NXCAM / AVCHD Camcorders
Sony HXR-NX100, HXR-NX70, NX30, NX5, NX3/1, HXR-MC2500, HDR-AX2000, etc.

Old October 28th, 2012, 03:41 PM   #1
Regular Crew

the recording card file structure on my NX5U has changed...

I just noticed that on my SDHC cards, which I continually reformat and re-use, that the card structure has changed when I record via the NX5U. However, it has not affected the operation of the card or the transcoding of the AVCHD footage when I bring it into Final Cut Pro 7.0.3 where it becomes Pro Res (retaining the original camera timecode).

Here is what the file structure used to look like before:

Top level
AVF_INFO>AVIN0001.BNP, AV'IN0001.INP, AVIN0001.INT
PRIVATE>AVCHD (containing the long nest of folders); also SONY folder>sonycard. IND

Here is what the file structure looks like now:

Top level
PRIVATE>AVCHD (containing the long nest of folders); also SONY folder>no file inside.

I am wondering if others have experienced this change of file structure...and whether they have had any negative impact from it. Like I mentioned, so far it seems to have NOT affected transcoding of clips. And timecode and spanning of clips seems OK.

I was wondering if I need to invoke that "rebuild camera database" command that is available to you when you reformat the cards.

Any thoughts on this?

Thanks, John
John Vasey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 6th, 2012, 11:35 AM   #2
Regular Crew

Re: the recording card file structure on my NX5U has changed...

John,
If you see this new structure it's probably because you are on a Mac running the last version of OS X.
To see the 'old' structure, just right-click on the file AVCHD and choose 'Show Package Content' then do the same on the file BDMV and you'll see the content of your card as usual. For some reason Apple changed the way OS X sees these files. Probably because they are pushing the .mov file structure. A lot of complaints from users, but they don't seem to care.

L.
Luc Novovitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 21st, 2014, 03:35 AM   #3
Tourist

Hey guys.

Not too sure where else to post this..

I went skydiving a couple days back, and the instructor used my SD card to record the jump.
He recorded on a Sony Action cam. I believe it was the Sony HDR-AS15.

What I have received on my SD card is the same files @John mentioned.

AVIN0001.BNP (115Mb)
AVIN0001.INP (115Mb)
AVIN0001.INT (172Mb)

I have searched through and through on how to view & convert these files.. no luck.
I have access to both MAC & PC.

Hope you guys can assist.

Thanks in Advance.
H
Harold Durnez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 21st, 2014, 09:41 AM   #4
Inner Circle

If you have a PC load Sony PlayMemories and let that transfer the files. I think there may now be a version of PlayMemories for the Mac too.

Ron Evans
Ron Evans is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony NXCAM / AVCHD Camcorders