Sony to expand 35mm large format NXCAM lineup at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony Digital Cinema Camera Systems > Sony NXCAM NEX-FS100 CineAlta

Sony NXCAM NEX-FS100 CineAlta
An interchangeable lens AVCHD camcorder using E-Mount lenses.

Old November 16th, 2010, 09:41 PM   #1
Major Player

Sony to expand 35mm large format NXCAM lineup

Here it is guys an e-mount in NXCAM format

http://www.dvinfo.net/news/sony-to-e...rder-line.html
Monday Isa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 16th, 2010, 09:50 PM   #2
Inner Circle

This is Panny's AF100 competition. You had to know it was coming.
Old November 16th, 2010, 09:55 PM   #3
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Barcellos View Post
This is Panny's AF100 competition. You had to know it was coming.
Yup, without a doubt. I guess tomorrow we'll hear about a price and more info. Nice to see it'll do 1080 60P in addition to all the other frame rates.
Old November 16th, 2010, 10:00 PM   #4
Major Player

Which sensor I wonder? NEX or F3? Throw a mic and handle on that thing and call it done.

Gleemed from video. Just barely make out the XLR output on the back or DC input?. Leave the viewfinder off sony. Looks like all the fine controls will be touch screen?
Old November 16th, 2010, 10:04 PM   #5
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erik Phairas View Post
Which sensor I wonder? NEX or F3? Throw a mic and handle on that thing and call it done.
The article said it is a S35 sensor, so I would figure the F3 sensor. It has a mic and handle if you watch the 40 second video in the article.
Old November 16th, 2010, 10:12 PM   #6
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monday Isa View Post
The article said it is a S35 sensor, so I would figure the F3 sensor. It has a mic and handle if you watch the 40 second video in the article.
That's the handgrip on the side I think. You saw a mic?
Old November 16th, 2010, 11:22 PM   #7
Inner Circle

They didn't show it with the LCD open, bound to be a setting buttons, behind like on the VX2000. Handgrip have the media cards in it maybe ?
Old November 16th, 2010, 11:40 PM   #8
Major Player

Very interesting. If this one has an HDMI output it would be a perfect companion with the Atomos Ninja. Especially with this form factor.
Vincent Rozenberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 16th, 2010, 11:58 PM   #9
Major Player

Kind of looks like an early Vision Research Pre Phantom camera... :) I like the idea but after seeing this brief shot of it and knowing it is AVCHD.... I now like the F3 better but hopefully they will shed some light on specs tomorrow and we can get some additional pics.... 1080 60p out of the gate is nice but what bitrate are we looking at for the AVCHD and what is the recording media?? 2011 is going to be exciting, I am not going to rush as the EX1 is working great for me now and I have been holding off for a 35mm Cinema Camera but was leaning toward the RED Epic or scarlet S35 if it ever shows up... but now the F3 and this are making options available... Will need to see detailed specs and some sample footage of what these cameras can do before I decide to give up on 5k and 18 stops with HDRx plus It kills me that no one else is stepping up to allow 120-225fps even in short bursts so we can really get some nice in camera slo mo. 60fps just is not fast enough for a lot of work I do and the Phantom rental although awesome!!!!!!!! Is not ideal as the budget for most projects is just not in the ballpark. I could really live with the 120-225fps range the RED provides... Sony and Panasonic please step up the fps on these new cams... firmware upgrade to allow for higher bursts would be very nice feature... not sure why it is missing from every camera but Jannard's. The cycle rate of this sensor should be fast enough to at least allow at least 120fps if not higher.
Jason Bodnar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 17th, 2010, 12:56 AM   #10
Major Player

@ jason: I assume the recording media will be SDHC, SDXC or Sony's memory stick. Just like the NEX-VG10.
Vincent Rozenberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 17th, 2010, 01:00 AM   #11
Regular Crew

Quote:
Is this suppose to be the pro version of the VG-10?

Ozzy
Ozzy Alvarez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 17th, 2010, 02:25 AM   #12
Inner Circle

Hmm. We'll know later today but this looks like a spoiling tactic to try and abate the demand for the soon to be available AF100 from Panasonic (it's understandable - that's business after all). I'm currently skeptical that we'll see this anytime very soon (i.e. next few months) from seeing this video...but would love to be wrong!

It's sure getting interesting!!!!!

EDIT: Back from school run and watched video again. Looks like only one XLR input on the back? (the rendered shot that also briefly shows the inadequate looking handle grip).

Last edited by Andy Wilkinson; November 17th, 2010 at 03:14 AM.
Andy Wilkinson is online now   Reply With Quote
Old November 17th, 2010, 03:12 AM   #13
Inner Circle

Sony doesn't usually "tease", the VG10 was less than a year from "concept" to sale, as were the EXMOR R sensors and super OIS. By the time they let something out from under the blankets, they are already well into the process of being able to deliver it to the end user.

Certainly is an interesting development of the E mount, and of course the A mount adapter - makes for a LOT of lenses potentially available to hang on the front!
Dave Blackhurst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 17th, 2010, 06:40 AM   #14
Major Player

Quote:
Yes, just slightly in front of the handle. It's small enough to miss.
Old November 17th, 2010, 06:43 AM   #15
Inner Circle

Latest web chatter is £6K Euros although I've had problems logging into Sony UK site today for some reason so can't confirm this (so don't quote me!). Even if true, I don't see how they can be so firm on pricing if it's not available until mid 2011?

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony Digital Cinema Camera Systems > Sony NXCAM NEX-FS100 CineAlta