PL mount at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony Digital Cinema Camera Systems > Sony NXCAM NEX-FS100 CineAlta
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony NXCAM NEX-FS100 CineAlta
An interchangeable lens AVCHD camcorder using E-Mount lenses.

Old April 10th, 2011, 11:49 PM   #1
Space Hipster

PL mount

It looks like someone is working on a PL mount adapter for the FS100.

http://www.mtfservices.com/
Glen Vandermolen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 12th, 2011, 01:04 PM   #2
HDV Cinema

Re: PL mount

I list several PL adaptors for an E-mount camera in my NEX book. But, I have yet to hear from anyone who has tried one. There are even C-mounts for your old Bolex lenses. But, there are issues with them. So there may be issues with mounting PL lenses via an adaptor. Issues beyond the camera no longer able to obtain data from the lens.

Once I finished the chapter on "beyond E-mounts" I was not as hyped as when I started.
Old April 22nd, 2011, 02:12 PM   #3
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Mullen View Post
I list several PL adaptors for an E-mount camera in my NEX book. But, I have yet to hear from anyone who has tried one...
Steve - I too have found it difficult to judge whether or not the inexpensive eBay adapters from Taiwan ($156) and Poland ($260) are worth the money, but both sellers have very good feedback, and the Taiwanese seller seems to have sold several to buyers who were satisfied with the product, e.g.: "Very good product, smooth operating, good price, thanks" and "looks good, just as described and fast shipping". Granted, these are not in-depth user reviews, but when and if I get my hands on the FS100, I will probably buy one of these instead of the MTF.
Bill Bruner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 22nd, 2011, 04:05 PM   #4
HDV Cinema

When there were reviews they were from photographers. I could find very little from those shooting video.

Video requirements are different. For example, Juan notes the DSLR lens has aperture click-stops. Cine lenses, he notes, do not. In extolling the use of DSLR lenses he did not mention the downsides.
Old May 16th, 2011, 05:44 PM   #5
New Boot

Hot Rod Cameras has had a complete PL mount system for the AF100 camera since well before NAB. We just haven't been advertising it. Will be available before the FS100 starts shipping. The price will be very similar to the AF100 Tuner Kit.

It was shown at the show in the Abel Cine Both and Sony booth and at the CML party. Here's a link to a photo of the FS100, PL mount, Convergent Designs nano flash and the prototype lightweight O'Connor dual sided follow focus.

Here's a link to a picture if anyone would like to see it Footnote – The Sony FS100 and Tuner-S is CML Party-Proof | Hot Rod Cameras
Old May 18th, 2011, 07:44 PM   #6
Vortex Media

Illya,

Your website still says the FS100 adapter isn't available yet. When will it be ready for ordering? I was very impressed with your prototype I saw at NAB. I want one.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony Digital Cinema Camera Systems > Sony NXCAM NEX-FS100 CineAlta