So why should I buy a FS-100? - Page 3 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony Digital Cinema Camera Systems > Sony NXCAM NEX-FS100 CineAlta

Sony NXCAM NEX-FS100 CineAlta
An interchangeable lens AVCHD camcorder using E-Mount lenses.

Old March 26th, 2012, 05:47 AM   #31
Regular Crew

Re: So why should I buy a FS-100?

But it does have rolling shutter. The same amount as the EX1. Which is still quite noticeable.
Mikko Topponen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 26th, 2012, 05:02 PM   #32
Regular Crew

Rolling shutter same as the EX1? Hmmm. Owning both the camera,s mentioned and used the EX1 for a full season of a broadcast reality show and then multiple national tv commercials with the FS100 I never have seen the phenom you describe.
Matthew Hurley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 26th, 2012, 05:16 PM   #33
Inner Circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew Hurley View Post
Well! If a sharp picture,no artifacts,no moire,no rolling shutter and ease of audio imput is a factor in what you do,then get the FS-100. It is the bomb as they say! That and you can turn it into "FrankenCamera" as I have. Think Lego on steriods. My rig pictured is set up for both hand held and tripod use. Usually have the "Techni color" setting as the picture profile and bypass the camera,s codec and go HDMI out to an Atomos Ninja set to Apple ProRes HQ.

Stunning!
I'll say .. (tho I was too scared to quote your pix here).

Cheers.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony Digital Cinema Camera Systems > Sony NXCAM NEX-FS100 CineAlta