Backpack Style Bag? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony Digital Cinema Camera Systems > Sony NXCAM NEX-FS100 CineAlta
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony NXCAM NEX-FS100 CineAlta
An interchangeable lens AVCHD camcorder using E-Mount lenses.

Old November 6th, 2011, 05:18 PM   #1
Major Player

Backpack Style Bag?

Does anyone transport their FS100 in a backpack style bag?

If so - what do you recommend?

I'm looking at buying an FS100 soon and will travel with it a few times a year - usually internationally and in a stripped down kit... I need something carry on-able. I'm willing to look at roller cases, but I'm really used to carrying a backpack when I travel with DSLRs...

I'm probably going to be looking at either F-Stop Gear or ThinkTank backpacks (maybe Kata, but I never liked their small over-the-shoulder bags)...
Old November 6th, 2011, 09:53 PM   #2
Regular Crew

Re: Backpack Style Bag?

I had my AF100 in a Lowepro Trekker 400, will put my FS in when I get it. I absolutely love this pack, built like a tank (just like every other Lowepro I've owned), great storage, configurable, well thought out. Only caveat is a large laptop doesn't fit. Outstanding backpack.
Old November 7th, 2011, 07:42 AM   #3
Major Player

Keven,

This is the bag I use for the FS100 and my NX5. I take the shot gun off of the FS100 when I use it on that camera. This bag holds every thing. Great bag. http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/804692-REG/CineBags_CB_25B_CB_25B_Revolution_Backpack.html
Dan Asseff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 8th, 2011, 01:01 PM   #4
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin Dooley View Post
Does anyone transport their FS100 in a backpack style bag?

If so - what do you recommend?
Dan Chung of the Guardian told me about ThinkTank Photo - (raises glass to Dan - thanks!). I have two Airport Acceleration bags which get an EX1 kit and a full FS100 kit, each with 17" MacBook Pro, 2x hard drives, and accessories for up to a week's shoot.

Airport Acceleration? V2.0 Backpack - Think Tank

Each will fit into international carry-on (even Europe's EasyJet which is particularly mean). They're also comfortable to wear, don't draw too much attention, and are adaptable enough to deal with a quick repack when needs must.

Love 'em. Highly recommended.
Old November 8th, 2011, 04:42 PM   #5
Inner Circle

I am a very happy customer of ThinkTank. I used the Streetwalker Pro on my trips this year domestically, Europe (3 countries) and Africa (two countries). I also have their belt and harness. The belt works on both the backpack and harness.

http://www.dvinfo.net/forum/home-awa...ennheiser.html

I needed something for my EX1R that qualified not as a carry on but as a personal item. The Streetwalker Pro is the dimension of most carrier's personal item. That left me with an entire carryon for other equipment and a toothbrush.

As shown in the photo, the Streetwalker Pro papoosed in the front, my carryon on my back and shooting the EX1R Hasselblad style. It was all pretty nicely balanced. YMMV
Les Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 9th, 2011, 11:19 AM   #6
Major Player

Awesome - thanks for all the recommendations guys.

I'm guessing if the cam fits into the Streetwalker Pro that the camera is significantly smaller than I have imagined in my head (I still haven't seen one in person yet).

Good to know.

Thanks guys!
Old November 9th, 2011, 11:31 AM   #7
Regular Crew

I'd also highly recommend checking out F-Stop packs. Good stuff.
Stephen Mick is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony Digital Cinema Camera Systems > Sony NXCAM NEX-FS100 CineAlta