Price drop? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony Digital Cinema Camera Systems > Sony NXCAM NEX-FS100 CineAlta
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony NXCAM NEX-FS100 CineAlta
An interchangeable lens AVCHD camcorder using E-Mount lenses.

Old November 28th, 2011, 11:15 AM   #1
Regular Crew

Price drop?

Has anybody heard if there is going to be price drop on the FS100? I know the current rebate is ending on December 15th. I'd love to pick one up before the end of the tax year so I can take the business expense deduction.
Keith Forman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 28th, 2011, 04:40 PM   #2
Trustee

Re: Price drop?

I suspect the best you'll do before EOY 2011 is the $500 rebate. I can't see a price drop in the cards... at all really. My rampant speculation says no price drops for at least 12 months.
Mike Watson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 29th, 2011, 10:16 AM   #3
Major Player

The only way I can almost guarantee a price drop is if I bought the camera the day before the announcement!

Then again, I suppose that it why it rains whenever I have the car washed/detailed.

C'est la vie.

Ymmv

Be well

Rob
Smalltalk Productions
Rob Katz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 30th, 2011, 03:53 PM   #4
Trustee

I wouldn't expect a major drop fro some time - it's clearly taken away whatever luster the AF100 had, Canon has yet to announce anything close to similarly priced replacement in their DSLR line, and even now the Sony EX1r retails for $6,300, and that's a camera design pushing 4 years old now - meaning Sony doesn't reduce prices unless the market really dictates it.

Perhaps if Canon comes out w/ a killer Mark III or announces a camera in the same basic price range w/ similar features it would drop - otherwise, I see zero reason to expect it.
John Vincent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 30th, 2011, 08:23 PM   #5
Regular Crew

I was hoping that Canon would come out with a similar camera to force Sony to drop the price. I am sill going to wait until 12/15 to see if Sony has a better rebate.
Keith Forman is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony Digital Cinema Camera Systems > Sony NXCAM NEX-FS100 CineAlta