Archiving FS100 Footage at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony Digital Cinema Camera Systems > Sony NXCAM NEX-FS100 CineAlta

Sony NXCAM NEX-FS100 CineAlta
An interchangeable lens AVCHD camcorder using E-Mount lenses.

Old December 13th, 2011, 04:31 PM   #1
Trustee

Archiving FS100 Footage

Had my first big shoot with the FS100 yesterday. Importing footage into FCP7 (via Log & Transfer), transcoding to ProRes. I'd like to archive the clips on the card, but I'd like a more elegant solution than making a disk image of the card. (I sometimes shoot for more than one client on a card.)

Can I save just certain parts of the card? I haven't quite decoded the clip structure yet.
Mike Watson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 13th, 2011, 05:00 PM   #2
Major Player

Re: Archiving FS100 Footage

For each job and each day offload the clips to a hard drive and name that folder for the job and day.
I would suggest copying to at least 2 different hard drives. My approach would be to use 2 working drives and 1 archive (whatever media you are comfortable with). We use red and green tape to ID the card holders as to whether the have been downloaded and checked. (Green). Shot but not downloaded. (Red.)

Format the cards in Camera for the next job/day. Ready to shoot. Sometimes we shoot enough to have to download during the day and the red/green tape helps keep the photographer and editor from going crazy about what card has been shot and what has been downloaded and is ready to be formatted and used in the camera.

I would not keep footage from two different clients on the card without downloading and archiving. Save everything in the folder and don't alter the structure.
Bob Willis is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony Digital Cinema Camera Systems > Sony NXCAM NEX-FS100 CineAlta