Fs100 battery that would power external monitor also? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony Digital Cinema Camera Systems > Sony NXCAM NEX-FS100 CineAlta
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony NXCAM NEX-FS100 CineAlta
An interchangeable lens AVCHD camcorder using E-Mount lenses.

Old January 15th, 2012, 03:11 PM   #1
Major Player

Fs100 battery that would power external monitor also?

Hey all,

I saw this picture online

http://www.twitpic.com/6yyfkl

I was looking around, cause I'm thinking of adding a SmallHD DP6 to my kit. From that picture, it looks as if the monitor is using the DTap accessory cable, and tapping into the battery at the back of the fs100. Been searching around B&H's site, and I guess I just don't know what it is I'm looking for, but was curious about a battery for my fs100, that would be able to power the DP6 also. Can anyone point me in the right direction? Or give any advice on whether you think this is good or not? Since I don't have anything other then the stock battery for the fs100, I thought I could double up and get one that could run the camera and monitor. Or, when I buy the monitor, Im considering getting their battery pack for the DP6. I wanted to explore my options. For now, I'll be top mounting the monitor, and was trying to keep the weight down, if possible, by exploring other power alternatives.

Thanks for the help,
Jeff
Jeff Troiano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 16th, 2012, 12:00 AM   #2
Regular Crew

Re: Fs100 battery that would power external monitor also?

Get the SmallHD batteries for the SmallHD DP6 monitor. I have two of them. They run for 5+ hours and fully charge in 3 hrs. They are very light. I love them because I can take the monitor off the camera and hand it to the director, etc. with no hassle.
John Mastrogiacomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 16th, 2012, 02:11 AM   #3
Major Player

Re: Fs100 battery that would power external monitor also?

Jeff,

I use the Swit S-8972 to power my camera and nanoflash. I do not know what input the DP6 monitor requires, but it is worth to have a look at it. Nano/FS100 combi runs about 5 hours on 1 battery charge.

Cees
Cees van Kempen is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony Digital Cinema Camera Systems > Sony NXCAM NEX-FS100 CineAlta